Thread: Boots StayDry Survey

Default Boots StayDry Survey

An interesting e-mail arrived today from Boots.

I was invited to take part in a survey "regarding the healthcare products I've purchased in the last year". Major props to Boots for not using the word incontinence in an e-mail to me; I was at work and even though I'm sure nobody else was watching it would have worried me they might've.

I've bought a few packs of Tena and Boots own brand incontinence products in the last year, using my Advantage Card, so figured it must have been to do with this - did the survey this evening.

Some of the questions were regarding how best to convey absorbency information - feedback was asked for for visual indicators such as glasses of water, jugs and a wheel-like device (not unlike the nutritional information wheel at Sainsburys).

There were others to do with how their pants products could be improved - they appear to be keen to make them more like the Tena Lady Pants product (fine by me!).

The notion of packs containing a mixture of absorbencies and the possibility of putting products in vending machines were put forward also - I reckon they're probably talking more about the 'drip catcher' pads there rather than pants/nappy products (but I did say I would definitely make use of the machines if they contained nappys/pants).

The most worrying theme I guess was multiple mentions of the importance of biodegradability - doesn't bode well for their plastic nappy style products.

I took some screenshots if anybody wants them.

Interesting.

They're current absorbancy inditator system of the water drips grid seems fairly fine.

I went in-store to buy some of them own-brand 'Staydry Slips (XL)' a few days ago; I'm wearing one right now. I don't have an advantage card so I won't be getting an email like that. Adult nappies in a vending machine, that's an interesting one. They'd either be small packs or a machine with a big door/opening. Not sure how I'd feel about using the machine in front of other people though.

I've seen machines on the continent which have a few items like tissues, mints and batteries along with other things to make the process of buying more discreet.

Thought I'd whack this in here. At Boots today, in the Clearance section I found a pack of their rebadged Attends Active Slips for 3.50! Must be a discontinued line; well worth having a look.

Biodegradability isn't an issue, technically speaking, Abena's product are biodegradable. They're just pure polyethylene, which breaks down into water and C02 over time(Or when incinerated, if merely burnt, they will produce carbon monoxide). It's all in how they word it that matters, that's all.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Overnight View Post
    Thought I'd whack this in here. At Boots today, in the Clearance section I found a pack of their rebadged Attends Active Slips for 3.50! Must be a discontinued line; well worth having a look.
    Annoyingly I prefer them over the staydry slips yet it looks like they are being sold off. I guess I should go over and get a few packs. They are better than my usual diaper if I am doing something like cycling or climbing. Thinner and no bottom tapes meaning there is less rubbing against my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    Annoyingly I prefer them over the staydry slips yet it looks like they are being sold off. I guess I should go over and get a few packs. They are better than my usual diaper if I am doing something like cycling or climbing. Thinner and no bottom tapes meaning there is less rubbing against my legs.
    I agree; unfortunately it seems so. Enjoy the bargains while they last. If you can find somewhere which has a few, you can get a "2.50 off when you spend 10 on Healthcare Products" voucher from the Advantage Card offers kiosk.