Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A non furs perspective

Secret

Question A non furs perspective

I am not a furry and I dont really understand the whole furry thing, so this is just my view on this. Anyway my question is, how do you figure out your fursona? Like is it just the animal you like the most? Are there only specific species animals, cause so far I have only seen and heard of Fox, Bear, and Wolf? Can you have multiple fursonnas? How do you figue your fursonna out? Are there any limitations to your fursonna? So yeah can I have some help figuring it all out?

Well im sure i have said this story before but il tell it again >.> *sigh*

My friend from theatre one day told me "Amanda you remind me of a bear cub.. im gonna call you Cubby" and she did and that's how i found my fursona. Well a little later to find out what kinda bear.

Fox Bear and Wolf are some of the most common.

Yeah you can have multiple fursonas.The Furry police wont come arrest you....

Secret

"The furry police" I loled

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    I am not a furry and I dont really understand the whole furry thing, so this is just my view on this. Anyway my question is, how do you figure out your fursona?
    What animal or mythical creature do you feel most like?

Like is it just the animal you like the most?
    It could be that, or it could be whichever you feel closest to.

Are there only specific species animals, cause so far I have only seen and heard of Fox, Bear, and Wolf?
    I've seen furry..... wolves, bears, foxen, centaur, monkeys, humans, vampires, faeries, dragons, gargoyles, pythons, cows, shapeshifters, jackals, bats, owls.... pretty much anything. Furry isn't whatever you think you are, it's whatever you feel close to and want to pretend to be.

Can you have multiple fursonnas?
    Sure, there's plenty of shapeshifters. But if you're changing names and personae entirely, you might want to tell your friends.

How do you figue your fursonna out?
    Ask yourself, and listen to your response.

Are there any limitations to your fursonna?
    Your only limitations are self-imposed.

So yeah can I have some help figuring it all out?
    This isn't something to figure out. This isn't a high score or a neat cheat-code you learned on a video game. This is all about how you feel, and how you think you fit. If you've ever seen a furry video, and maybe thought "That's cool, I could imagine being that entity" (say, maybe you're watching disney's robin hood, where RH is a fox or whatever, or maybe you're watching the lion king or jungle book or what-have-you) then that could be your furry persona.

Furry does not equal bestiality.

Being furry does not mean you want to go rape everyone's pet dog either. You're sure to encounter plenty of these types on the internetz.

Secret

Ok I think I understand it a little better now.

Well I don't really consider myself a furry. I'm just Mandi... but with other furs it's hard to roleplay as a person, so I just picked a cute animal, and a pink monkey it was.

I'm a Joey, so that answers one of your questions.

Herano answered them well so I'll leave it at that.

I am finding this very interesting. I am not a furry (at least not at the moment) but I definitely feel a connection with and understanding of animals in general - they make more sense than humans at any rate. I think I understand what furries feel, just I am not one because I don't associate myself to any particular animal. I expect I will consider myself furry someday because of how I feel I understand animals in general - so this is of course of much interest to me.

To add on to the original post, how did you realise you were a furry? Did you get a fursona and then consider yourself a furry, or was it you felt a connection to animals and then discovered a fursona? Or something completely different?

Mako

Well for me it all started when I was really young, there weren't many kids in my neighbourhood in that time yet, but my cat had just had kittens. I used to love following them around, pretending to be a kitty and playing with them instead. I had dreams pretending to be a cat and such, also as my childhood progressed I drew strong connections with movies like the aristocats, oliver & company, the lion king, etc.
    I just continued to have fantasies and dreams of being a kitten, it was just a comforting, warm, happy thought.
    I eventually learned of the fandom and things grew from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Well for me it all started when I was really young, there weren't many kids in my neighbourhood in that time yet, but my cat had just had kittens. I used to love following them around, pretending to be a kitty and playing with them instead. I had dreams pretending to be a cat and such, also as my childhood progressed I drew strong connections with movies like the aristocats, oliver & company, the lion king, etc.
    I just continued to have fantasies and dreams of being a kitten, it was just a comforting, warm, happy thought.
    I eventually learned of the fandom and things grew from there.
    My experiences are similar to yours , of course not identical, everyone is different, and your post does a very good job of describing it, except for me, being a Puppy