Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic R: anybody else like it?

Default Sonic R: anybody else like it?

It seems to be one of the less popular Sonic games. A lot of people don't like the music, but I do. So Sonic fans, what's your opinion?

As much as the music from the game was panned, I have good childhood memories form the opening stage music - and I do like the remix they did for Sonic Generations. Beyond that I haven't played it in over a decade - and even then I didn't play it for long - so I don't really have an opinion on it.

I will admit, I have played a bit of it in the past.

It's a good game that you wanna play for a laugh or something, but if you want a good racer in it's controls, it's premise and it's overall presentation, try something like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, because unfortunately, this isn't the best of the Blue Blur in a racer.

But hey, at least it was better than Sonic Drift

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I like Super Sonic Racing. I sing it a lot.

That's pretty much it though, even as a kid playing it, I didn't really enjoy it's gameplay.
    Oh yes! The music in it's is the stuff of absolute AWESOMENESS~! I have it on my iPod and it is such a joy to listen to, especially at the gym.

Also, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was glad that Super Sonic Racing got remixed in Sonic Generations?

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyPoniTaku View Post
    Oh yes! The music in it's is the stuff of absolute AWESOMENESS~! I have it on my iPod and it is such a joy to listen to, especially at the gym.

Also, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was glad that Super Sonic Racing got remixed in Sonic Generations?
    My favorite song on it is Diamond in the Sky, the one that's played on the final level.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    My favorite song on it is Diamond in the Sky, the one that's played on the final level.
    That song is awesome I will admit, but really, nothing can top "Can You Feel The Sunshine", that song may play in the first stage of the game but it is just catchy and awesome and all that good stuff.

Plus, it's excellent to listen to on a warm sunny day out ^_^

I'm actually a fan of the game do to "dem childhood feels", I can admit the game is very flawed in terms of controls and the music is not the best (Though i enjoy Work it Out) but my rose tinted glasses refuse to let me see it as a horrible game like everyone says it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieBelleCMC View Post
    I'm actually a fan of the game do to "dem childhood feels", I can admit the game is very flawed in terms of controls and the music is not the best (Though i enjoy Work it Out) but my rose tinted glasses refuse to let me see it as a horrible game like everyone says it is.
    That's the thing unfortunately, nostalgia can blind some people to what they think is the truth for things like old games, movies and shows they saw/played as a young ling that they liked but wouldn't really like now that they are older, it's the case of nostalgia, it's a sad thing.

That's not to say this games is good in it's own regard, it's just that it's not as good as people might remember as a kid, what with the controls being awkward and the music being cheesily remember-able.

It was fine when I was a kid and didn't realize how horrible it actually was lol