Thread: Eliminate Urine smell

Default Eliminate Urine smell

Wow just created my account today, and I am already getting a lot of use out of it. I have not really worn diapers yet, but I have a little sister who was in diapers a few years ago, and I know that the house can really start to smell. I love the idea of lounging around the house in a diaper, or playing video games in one or something like that. My one fear is that my parents will start smelling urine around the house because of some minor leaks that may occur. What are some good ways to make sure this does not happen so my parents don't find out, and so I can make sure that this does not make our house smell bad to guests.

Change as soon as you're wet and take the used ones to the outside garbage immediately. Shower twice a day.

Also what are my options for overnight? Personally I was thinking about depends with plastic pants, do you think this combination will work?

Zpeed

Don't drink stuff like coffee or soda, or orange juice etc

lots of water and the occasional apple juice if you want something else than water

Quote Originally Posted by testdummy View Post
    Wow just created my account today, and I am already getting a lot of use out of it. I have not really worn diapers yet, but I have a little sister who was in diapers a few years ago, and I know that the house can really start to smell.
    Drink a lot of water. Little kids aren't really in a position to dilute their urine. Drinking water is healthy for you and diluted urine is far harder to notice. The only potential downside is that you'll wet more, but you can make up for that and kill 2 rocks with 1 stone by just getting some decent quality diapers.

I love the idea of lounging around the house in a diaper, or playing video games in one or something like that. My one fear is that my parents will start smelling urine around the house because of some minor leaks that may occur. What are some good ways to make sure this does not happen so my parents don't find out, and so I can make sure that this does not make our house smell bad to guests.
    If you're really afraid of leaks then you should simply invest in plastic pants. They will generally help contain any leak long enough that you can change/deal with it instead of making any accidents visible.

If you mainly wear in your room it's pretty easy to mask the scent with something like a candle/air-freshener that you actually like. I assume that you're male so this is slightly outside of the normal gender role, however it's quite effective. One thing you should be looking for is setting up a good place for your stash, your used diapers, and a disposal system so you don't get caught. I generally try to get rid of diapers within 2-3 days of wetting, however sometimes they have to sit around for over a week due to other events. Ziplock bags are exceptional and well worth the investment for keeping in odors. I also save bags from food like subway because they are just as effective at holding a diaper when tied off. You're normally going to want an opaque plastic bag around anything carrying diapers so people don't see you transporting them.

If your sister was recently in diapers I'd be careful trying to wear though. Little kids are normally very bad at keeping secrets and curious/nosy. You'll also want a childproof place for your stash so you don't have any really awkward moments.

Quote Originally Posted by testdummy View Post
    Also what are my options for overnight? Personally I was thinking about depends with plastic pants, do you think this combination will work?
    I think that depends are really quite dreadful and the last few times I got store brand diapers I just got the CVS/Walgreens store brand diapers. I think the velcro tabs are nicer for just wearing around the house and getting started because you don't get stuck with a bad tape up and you can undo them if you just want to wear for comfort instead of wetting. If you're wearing them with plastic pants there isn't a real leak risk.

You should also be prepared to deal with sheets getting wet just in case. Is there a good time that you could do laundry if you needed to? It might be worth doing your own laundry if you don't already, so that it isn't as obvious when accidents happen and you need to wash something. I got into a rather awkward situation one day when my dad came home way before I expected it and I was in the laundry room washing my sheets. I had to deal with the awkward question of if everything was OK and the excuse I came up with on the spot was that my sheets were itchy and I felt like cleaning them. He was aware enough not to pursue the topic even if he didn't believe the comment.

kwisy: wow thanks for that really in-depth comment you wrote. It definitely will help me, in fact I just ordered my first pair of plastic pants the other day and they should arrive by the end of the week. Instead of Depends I did take your advise to purchase the Walgreen's store brand, and well I cant complain.

if i wear diapers a longer time , i use a lot of diaper cream (dont know if thats right in english) but then you smell lika a baby :-)

I have found that Febreeze works really well. Sometimes my wife sprays it in the bedroom after I've been in a wet diaper for the duration.....sigh.

i have just one word.
    Recycle....

get a really good par of heavy-duty plastic pants. then go to the marine store (west-marine will be fine) and get a very small plastic screw-in through-hull fitting with hose-barb (about 1/4 inch). then go to your local REI outdoor store and buy a self-contained reverse-osmosis water purification unit (small hand-pump style).

with these, a small back-pack (to put the RO unite in), and some 1/4 inch hose (and little ingenuity), you should be able in short order to recycle your filtered urine simply by putting the through-hull fitting in the seat on your plastic pants and sucking out the urine as it is expelled; filtering it with the reverse-osmosis unite, and re-hydrating yourself with the filtered product....

(doing my best to keep a straight face....)

Another tip - don't eat asparagus. It has a very distinctive oder after being metabolized, and can make your uring smell very quickly (10-15 minutes). Not everyone can smell it, however, but if you can, you know what I'm taking about.