Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Childhood Memory

Default Random Childhood Memory

Yesterday I happened to remember something that happened to me at Walmart once when I was about six years old. They used to give little kids smiley stickers when you went in, but on this occasion they had Sesame Street ones and the greeter put one on my shirt. Well, my
    parents (and/or my half brother, I can't remember) teased me because the sticker also had the Pampers logo on it. I was embarrassed!:

yah I get some flash back like that to off and on. there like little bit of memory from the past that just pop up like that. I think is some sort of trigger that sets it off. like seeing something that look like some thing from your past.

My earliest memory is the one where I walked (or toddled, as the case probably was) into the kitchen, and had a sudden, harsh, and forceful realization. I looked up at each of my family members, who weren't paying me any attention, and I realized just how HUGE they were. I simultaneously understood relativity (I knew that, to them, I was small) and my own fragility. I knew that if they wanted to, I could have easily crushed or overpowered. It scared me so much I ran to my room and hid there for about a half-hour. Don't remember what happened after that, but it sticks with me to this day; funny, considering I'm easily one of the tallest people I know.

This isn't my first memory, it's just something diaper-related that popped into my head. I hadn't thought about it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    This isn't my first memory, it's just something diaper-related that popped into my head. I hadn't thought about it in a while.
    Ah, sorry I misunderstood. You were six years old at the time, did they tease you about it because you were getting toilet-trained or were otherwise conscious about your wearing? I mean, I'd understand if they were teasing you nowadays, but aren't little kids /supposed/ to be wearing?

No, I was toilet-trained at two, and my parents still don't know I have this interest. I guess they just thought it was funny that I was that age and was wearing a sticker with the Pampers logo on it.

No, I was toilet-trained at two, and my parents still don't know I have this interest. I guess they just thought it was funny that I was that age and was wearing a sticker with the Pampers logo on it.
    Strange how often little coincidences like that can happen, isn't it? My family was charged with taking care of my mother's mother (my grandma) after she had a stroke, and on multiple occasions, I was sent to go pick up adult diapers. I never bought any for myself on those trips, but...

Quote Originally Posted by FIDAD View Post
    Strange how often little coincidences like that can happen, isn't it? My family was charged with taking care of my mother's mother (my grandma) after she had a stroke, and on multiple occasions, I was sent to go pick up adult diapers. I never bought any for myself on those trips, but...
    That reminds me of another memory. I was big on playing with baby dolls when I was little, and one time my mom bought me a pack of real diapers to put on them. But it never occurred to me to try one on!

That reminds me of another memory. I was big on playing with baby dolls when I was little, and one time my mom bought me a pack of real diapers to put on them. But it never occurred to me to try one on!
    ...And that reminded me of yet another memory! I was playing with a friend, it couldn't have been later than 2nd grade, and we had a young couple with a child staying over at my house, so we had some diapers laying about. Well, we grabbed a couple and tried them on just for fun and to be silly, and, now that I think about it, that was probably the origin of my fascination with diapers. Huh. Well, that's interesting. Thanks for helping me remember.

This thread in general seems to remind me of a moment in my life when I was 6 and my little sister was wearing Goodnights. I got into them one day and tried one of them on for a bit...before being caught out by my mother who asked why I was wearing them and then asked me to take them off.

I believe that was where my subconscious started to get interested in being padded again, until it finally caught up with me and we all know how that went! ^_^