Thread: Hello, hello, hello!

Talking Hello, hello, hello!

I'm Xavier, eighteen, and definitely curious about being an AB. Not really a fan of diapers, which seems rare, but I'm okay with just about everything else. Being a Little in general is great! I got my first binkies recently so I'm very happy.

Other than that, I'm a college student hoping to major in atmospheric science in the future(If stupid math gets easier) but I'm biding my time and getting credits to transfer to a university since I'm in community college right now. I love sci-fi, comics, various movies and TV shows(And even a BBC radio show or two), and weather, which should be obvious. As I always say, nothing is more boring than a regular, sunny day. I'm not very good at introductions so I hope this is okay. I'd love to talk to people and make friends!

Default Hello, hello, hello!

Welcome fellow weather geek! It's our time of the year here in the USA and particularly the plains where I live... Tornado season! I live right in the so-called Tornado Alley! .

Let me guess... You have Radarscope on your smartphone? If you don't, you need to get it! It's well worth the $10 for the non-commercial version! Also do you listen to podcasts? If so, you might like one I listen to called 'WeatherBrains.' It's a weekly show (usually Monday nights), where a bunch a meteorologists, most of them TV guys, get together to discuss weather and weather related news, etc. Its a lot of fun, especially if you are into meteorology. It's on iTunes or at www.weatherbrains.com. .

Again though, welcome to ADISC!

Thank you for the interesting tidbits! I'm gonna look at that app and podcast a bit later, but they both seem very awesome. I'm planning to transfer out to University of Louisiana at Monroe since there's an amazing tuition program that'll allow me in-state tuition, even coming from Virginia. I'd love to see some tornadoes once I'm there, since I'll be in the northern section of the state, and it's almost more like Arkansas from what I saw when I visited. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by demvulcanhands View Post
    I'm Xavier.

Other than that, I'm a college student hoping to major in atmospheric science in the future(If stupid math gets easier) but I'm biding my time and getting credits to transfer to a university since I'm in community college right now. I love sci-fi, comics, various movies and TV shows(And even a BBC radio show or two), and weather, which should be obvious. As I always say, nothing is more boring than a regular, sunny day. I'm not very good at introductions so I hope this is okay. I'd love to talk to people and make friends!
    Hi Xavier! I majored in atmospheric science, too, but couldn't handle the math. It's still a hobby for me. Thank you BabyJessi for the weatherbrains link. I'm always interested in things like that and you mention Radarscope for smartphones - I need to get one of those phones!

Yes, Radarscope is an awesome radar app! It's basically a non-commercial version of what TV guys use. You can easily switch to any publically available radar in the U.S. and even some in Canada. It has many different modes depending on the capability of the radar you've selected. You can do regular hi-def mode, precip mode (where snow is shades of blue, rain is green to red, etc.), even wind velocity mode so you can 'see' tornados by noticing where strong winds blowing both toward and away from the radar are right next to each other. You can even switch to three different levels of tilt or height off the ground. In other words, if you want to 'see' if a tornado is likely on the ground, you switch to velocity and tilt 1(the lowest angle and therefore closest to the ground). It really is amazing for $10. The iPad version is even better. The big screen allows you to see everything. I use it ALL the time. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Hi Xavier! I majored in atmospheric science, too, but couldn't handle the math. It's still a hobby for me. Thank you BabyJessi for the weatherbrains link. I'm always interested in things like that and you mention Radarscope for smartphones - I need to get one of those phones!
    Yeah, the math is what's holding me back at the moment, but I'm really trying hard since this is something I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Yes, Radarscope is an awesome radar app! It's basically a non-commercial version of what TV guys use. You can easily switch to any publically available radar in the U.S. and even some in Canada. It has many different modes depending on the capability of the radar you've selected. You can do regular hi-def mode, precip mode (where snow is shades of blue, rain is green to red, etc.), even wind velocity mode so you can 'see' tornados by noticing where strong winds blowing both toward and away from the radar are right next to each other. You can even switch to three different levels of tilt or height off the ground. In other words, if you want to 'see' if a tornado is likely on the ground, you switch to velocity and tilt 1(the lowest angle and therefore closest to the ground). It really is amazing for $10. The iPad version is even better. The big screen allows you to see everything. I use it ALL the time. :-D
    Yeah, I had to buy Radarscope, it just looked too awesome for words. I've only got a Samsung Galaxy S3, but the screen is much larger than other phones, so if I can easily draw on it, the radar works well enough. Thank you very much! I'm definitely gonna look at it today, since we're supposed to get the bad weather that's been plaguing Chicago today.

It takes a little playing with it to figure out everything it will do, but it's a lifesaver almost literally sometimes around here for me out here in tornado country!

Well, hopefully everything goes well for you and you stay safe. Keep watching Radarscope, then!