Thread: Let me tell you about...

Default Let me tell you about...

Ok, I think most of us who have been around the Internet long enough know how that sentence finishes. Homestuck: one of the biggest and loudest fandoms to have EVER graced the Internet, and still remains as one of the most confusing of topics.

During my time away from the site, I have found myself reading the Homestuck web series made by Andrew Hussie, and soon grew to like it. I thought I might as well see if there are any other members here who like the series like I do.

Here, we can talk about things we like about the series, things we don't like, things that you want to have happen and things you wish never did. Another friendly reminder is that this is a general discussion thread: PLEASE no outsider hate comments.

So, where to start...well, might as well talk about my favourite characters. It's tough to choose, but I think one of my faves has to be Terezi. This mostly comes from her attitude to most situations, and her overall appearance is very cool. Plus, her emotional shifts to suit the mood are perfect, as even she knows her judgements may not always be the best ones. Overall, a very compelling character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    Ok, I think most of us who have been around the Internet long enough know how that sentence finishes. Homestuck: one of the biggest and loudest fandoms to have EVER graced the Internet, and still remains as one of the most confusing of topics.

During my time away from the site, I have found myself reading the Homestuck web series made by Andrew Hussie, and soon grew to like it. I thought I might as well see if there are any other members here who like the series like I do.

Here, we can talk about things we like about the series, things we don't like, things that you want to have happen and things you wish never did. Another friendly reminder is that this is a general discussion thread: PLEASE no outsider hate comments.

So, where to start...well, might as well talk about my favourite characters. It's tough to choose, but I think one of my faves has to be Terezi. This mostly comes from her attitude to most situations, and her overall appearance is very cool. Plus, her emotional shifts to suit the mood are perfect, as even she knows her judgements may not always be the best ones. Overall, a very compelling character.
    Jeez. I began reading this back when Wayward Vagabond was only just beginning to create Can Town. I don't think the name had been mentioned once I caught up, and this was /after/ reading Problem Sleuth first.

It's pretty good, but I'll be heading out of the states for two years starting in June and I won't have much access to internet, so I probably won't be around until the dang thing is actually finished.

Terezi was always my favorite troll, followed closely by Karkat. Never cared much for shipping one way or the other, just like them as personalities. Besides that, I always loved Davesprite and was ecstatic to see him revived, and Aimless Renegade was awesome too. Too bad he got snuffed so quickly. The entire Midnight Crew was/is awesome, and I love basic form'd Jack Noir. Bec Noir's pretty cool too, I guess, but I liked him when his power came from his cunning not "A SUN TWO UNIVERSES BIG."

Of course you would bring up Homestuck just as he's taking a year-long hiatus just as the comic is about to end ಥ_ಥ

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    Of course you would bring up Homestuck just as he's taking a year-long hiatus just as the comic is about to end ಥ_ಥ
    It helps relieve the tension, I think ^^; Even then, Act 6 Act 6 might not get finished for another year on top of the hiatus, so it'll be a while until it is truly finished. Then there is the epilogue Act after that, so we shouldn't worry about the end until it gets here.

One thing I am looking forward to, however, is the clash between all of the Jacks: Bec Noir, Jack Noir B2 and Spades Slick. True, Bec has the powers of an omnipotent being, but Spades now has English's staff, so it might be an even fight. Plus, I can't wait for PM to meet with WV again.