Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new style Abena M4's

Default new style Abena M4's

Hey everyone,

just got a case of Abenas from AgeComfort this weekend and I noticed they're quite different!

Tapes are "Softer" and actually seem to be refastenable initially, though they stick hard later on. Diaper plastic seem a bit different and I'm not sure if they've reduced or moved the distribution of the fluff but it feels different wearing a new one compared to my older batch.

You may have got the air-plus diapers compared to the plastic version. In my opinion cloth-backed are so much better than plastic. The plastic pokes into my skin and is uncomfortable overall.

Hyperlitegreen

cloth-backed sucks!

Do the Abena cloth backs have those velcro style tapes? If so I might get them just for that since I always seem to have trouble getting them taped right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    Do the Abena cloth backs have those velcro style tapes? If so I might get them just for that since I always seem to have trouble getting them taped right the first time.
    No they don't, they come with the same tapes as the plastic version. You can readjust once if you make a mistake though, but I've found they stick far better on the cloth backed kind than plastic where one tiny mistake and everything breaks apart if you want to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlitegreen View Post
    cloth-backed sucks!
    Didn't add much to the conversation.

I haven't tried the new ones, I stopped buying M4's when my supplier stopped selling them when cloth backed came in. They replaced them with the Unique Wellness diapers and all I'll say is that they work great

I have Tried the New Abena they are not the cloth ones. And yes they are different the tapes and the plastic are different and also there is no waistband elastic.

Quote Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
    I have Tried the New Abena they are not the cloth ones. And yes they are different the tapes and the plastic are different and also there is no waistband elastic.
    Why would they get rid of the waistband elastics I wonder, more cost cutting? or have they thought it works fine without it I wonder.

Default Re: new style Abena M4's

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    No they don't, they come with the same tapes as the plastic version. You can readjust once if you make a mistake though, but I've found they stick far better on the cloth backed kind than plastic where one tiny mistake and everything breaks apart if you want to fix it.
    I have found the opposite in fact. I've had issue with the tapes slipping on the new cloth ones, i still love them for capacity and the sight bulk, but they need to change to Velcro tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluehusky View Post
    I have found the opposite in fact. I've had issue with the tapes slipping on the new cloth ones, i still love them for capacity and the sight bulk, but they need to change to Velcro tapes.
    I agree. If they went velcro, I'd be willing to give em a shot with the cloth-backing.