Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soothers / dummies / pacis for older children

Default Soothers / dummies / pacis for older children

Hi

people on here often mention using larger baby dummies / soothers but they are difficult to find in the UK.
    I mean ones that start from 12 months or above so I'm not including for example, the Tommee Tippee 9-18 or any 0-18 etc as these are really just 9+ or 0+, the 18 makes it look better and comes up confusinngly in the search results.
    Even ebay doesn't seem to bring up many STARTING from 12m+

Last year I discovered the MAM 12+ in ASDA but now I have found 4 more:

On Amazon I discovered:

NIP 16-32months

Mebby 18 months plus
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mebby-Asymme...ref=pd_cp_by_0

Mammoth Baby 18 months plus
    DUMMY SOOTHER + CASE (18 months+) *Best Colourful & Soft Teat for toddlers*: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

looking up the brands now that Amazon has got me started, I found:

NIP - available from über shop with much more choice

Mammoth Baby – couldn't trace

Mebby - available from Wellbury with more choice than Amazon

looking at Wellbury brought me to:

NUK 18 months plus
    https://www.wellbury.co.uk/nuk-happy...3-18m-2pk.html

any dummy / paci experts know what any of these are like and if there's any more to try?

sambus
    Last edited by sambus; 17-Apr-2013 at 21:17.

Thanks Naota, I know and I think we all do about the famous (notorious?) NUK 5's, I was interested in the larger ordinary ones.
    The link you have given is the best for NUK 5's though for us in the UK.

Should of probably read though a bit better, there are also nuk 4's which would be the in between ones, which you can get of ebay and a few other sites.

Inner Child: Pacifier (Dummy)

Quick summary of nuk sizes
    nuk1= newborn nuk2= 6-18 months nuk3=18m+ nuk4= school age and nuk 5= adult.

If you want a pacifier that looks like an ordinary one, but fits the mouth of an adult, take a look at this thread:
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...mod-guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    If you want a pacifier that looks like an ordinary one, but fits the mouth of an adult, take a look at this thread:
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...mod-guide.html
    again modding is great and I'm gonna try it when I get round to it but I wanted to know whats available off the shelf / internet thats kinda real big toddler stuff, not aimed at ABDL's / adults.

I ordered a blue and white Spanish Style dummy from Inner Child on Ebay and I'm absolutely in love with it. I have two others but I always prefer the one I got from Inner Child. I strongly suggest buying from them as their binkies are of great value and cheap price.

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    (...) but I wanted to know whats available off the shelf / internet thats kinda real big toddler stuff, not aimed at ABDL's / adults.
    That's ok, but expect to get ripped off. These products are usually made in rather small amounts, so the price per item is high.

of those you mention i have only tried tommee tippee and nuk 18+ also known as nuk3.
    at the moment i use nuk3 modified with a mam shield, and the regula 6+ mam. never seen a mam 12+ before..

Quote Originally Posted by mdg91 View Post
    of those you mention i have only tried tommee tippee and nuk 18+ also known as nuk3.
    at the moment i use nuk3 modified with a mam shield, and the regula 6+ mam. never seen a mam 12+ before..
    hi mdg91, thanks for this info.
    I have read that the MAM 12+ is called 16+ in USA, but perhaps it is not available easily.