Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper tape tabs

Default Diaper tape tabs

I know that Attends/Depends are not real popular with a lot of those in the abdl lifestyle, but i wear them for one reason only: 3 tape tabs on each side. Since i am often diapered by mommy and taken out in public, the 3-tab system (when fastened snugly) seems to provide the most secure, all-around fit. Though they are certainly not as absorbent as other brands, she usually adds booster pads to my Attends when we are going out and when i'm diapered before bed. We've tried others like Abena and Molicare, but still always go back to Attends because of the tabs.
    Does anyone know of another brand we could try that does have 3 tabs on each side? Or, is there a special kind of tape we might use to supplement the 2 tabs on Molicare or Abena? We have tried a few different kinds of tape, but have yet to find anything that is both waterproof and with a secure adhesive that will not become unattached during normal wear.

I don't know of any of the really good diapers that have 3 tapes. I really don't know why all of the really absorbant brands had only 2 tapes. I hope someday to have one of the really good "briefs" with 3 tapes.

~Johnathon~

annierighthurr

I've tried 2 other kind of diapers that have 3 tapes on each side:

Albertson's storebrand (Equaline... they might have changed but when I tried them they were SUPER CRINKLY).

and

Assurance, by Walmart.

I can't think of any other brands off the top of my head though, especially not of higher quality that have 6 tapes. I don't particularly like that system but I do find it odd that it's not used more often... may be more difficult for nurses n such ^^.

Duck tape works great.

I can't think of any other three tape diapers that are better than those you mentioned.

You might try Secure Plus or Secure X-Plus, they have 2 tapes, but stick great.

I would sacrifice fit for absorbency if it's as simple as using duct tape to get the fit I want.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie565 View Post
    I know that Attends/Depends are not real popular with a lot of those in the abdl lifestyle

They were VERY popular. When attends were sold to paperpak, and the cost cutting began, MANY people who've worn them from the kimberly klark days were pissed off (pun fully intended) about it.

Once upon a time, they had 3 blue tapes, smelt like baby powder, held an incredible amount for their thickness (it wasn't an x-plus but still) and even had an elastic waistband in them. They were the best of the best.

If you ever feel stupidrich and want to experience this, check out ebay for 'vintage attends' and buy yourself some to see what they were like before they got ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Duck tape works great.

I believe that's 'duct' tape, as in air duct, not 'duck' as in quackquack tape. Though there is a brand of duct tape CALLED 'duck tape', which only exacerbates the problem, but still, I thought you might be interested to know.

Butterfly Mage

Actually, I don't think Attends are all that bad. I just wish the absorbancy was a bit higher. But they are very comfortable and the fit well. I think the 6-tape system does allow for a somewhat more body-conforming fit. If they boosted the absorbancy up about 25% or so, it'd be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Harano View Post
    I believe that's 'duct' tape, as in air duct, not 'duck' as in quackquack tape. Though there is a brand of duct tape CALLED 'duck tape', which only exacerbates the problem, but still, I thought you might be interested to know.
    Right on both counts. As a feature of particular hilarity, they are absolutely useless for repairing ducts. I don't know about repairing ducks, but somehow I don't think they'd help there, either.

As a maintenance tek, I use duct tape on HVAC ducts all the time. To work you gotta use the right tape. Buy from industrial supply not the local store and use the foil stuff on hot ducts not diapers. Do not use Duck brand tape on a DUKW's ducts! (Yes I do have experence restoring DUKWs.)
    Back to the topic here...
    I don't know of any other six tape diapers other than Attends & Depends. Hypnotised mentioned, Assurance, by Walmart, I use them a lot and they only have four tapes.

Nam

CVS diapers used to have 3 tapes and a plastic covers, but they got hit with the new and improved deal the summer before last, I think all the plastic covered ones will be gone soon, except for a few expensive brands and I'm sure they will go the same way sooner or later.

So it's either start loving the new stuff or go cloth with plastic pants.