Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: odd fit with molicare

Default odd fit with molicare

So I recently tried some samples of the molicare super plus both medium and large and I ran onto an odd problem I'm hoping to get advice on. The mediums seem to be tighter than what I'm used to. By the I mean I'm taping them basically on the outside edge of the side panels. Basically if I wore them any looser I'd be taping them half on my skin and half on the diaper.

Now on the large they seem to be way too big. The tapes end up having to be taped on top of the actual padding of the diaper to be snug. They also come up half way up my back and up over my belly button in front.... They're big. This seems really odd to me.... Is something up with the samples I got? I normally wear pants that are 38 in the waist if that is helpful at all.

Last question is if this is normal should I buy the medium and deal with them being a little..... Overly snug or go large and deal with the huge size?

I don't know I ordered a pack and I am still trying them out, the double tapping might be the issue. I know there are some forums on diapers and the different taping strategies, I find these diapers tight around the inner legs, I have a 32" waist so I'm right in line with the diapers, try putting the bottom tapes on first, then keep the top ones on straight? I'm sure its just the diaper that needs positioning better or the tapes, my rule of thumb, bring the back up to your hips and the front up to your belly button, you could try some dry fits too before tapping up, try things out, if not I guess go big or go home.

I bought them because they were something new, the taping they system they have is genius, they are extremely soft but overall I don't think I will be getting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    The mediums seem to be tighter than what I'm used to. By the I mean I'm taping them basically on the outside edge of the side panels. Basically if I wore them any looser I'd be taping them half on my skin and half on the diaper.
    When you tape them like that do they feel too snug, or are you just saying they're too snug because they're taped so close to the edge? Your description actually sounds like they fit the way the sizing picture on XP medical portrays.

Hello there. Unfortunately diapers are very much like regular clothing, in that sometimes they are just not the right cut for your body.

Molicare are not one of the best fitting brands in my experience, as they are quite boxy and lack much stretch. A Tena Slip product for example stretches to fit more shapes of body better. When you unfold the Moli Super Plus, that is all the give you will have. Sounds like you are certainly between sizes there. You have tried the two size options for you, so perhaps just give this brand a miss. They are thick, from the pack, but they don't hold quite as much as one might expect.

When choosing size of disposable diapers, I have found it better to measure my hip, rather than waist. The jump from Medium to Large in many of the brands is quite big. Annoyingly, often although the wings and from/rear of the diapers are bigger, the padding doesn't always continue much further than on the same product in Size M.

Andrew

By too tight I mean they actually restrict my movement and become uncomfortable over time because of me moving they dig in to my legs. Otherwise I love these diapers because they breathe so well for me so I definitely want to keep them.

I will definitely try tonight that different positioning with the diaper and see if it helps.

Default Re: odd fit with molicare

You seem to be stuck in the middle of sizes like me. I find Bambinos size Large fit me quite well. As long as you tape it correctly and there's no leg gaps you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You seem to be stuck in the middle of sizes like me. I find Bambinos size Large fit me quite well. As long as you tape it correctly and there's no leg gaps you should be fine.
    So the tapes being stuck to the back of the padded area isn't gonna rip and cause sap to leak? I figured like that area wasn't meant to hold tape like the wings are so it made me nervous. If this is ok I'm just gonna buy the large lol

Molicare are indeed sized tight. I wear medium and compared to other brands, they fit snugly.

I wear size 32 pants.

If you are a bit overweight, them they probably will never fit right.

Default Re: odd fit with molicare

Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    So the tapes being stuck to the back of the padded area isn't gonna rip and cause sap to leak? I figured like that area wasn't meant to hold tape like the wings are so it made me nervous. If this is ok I'm just gonna buy the large lol
    That shouldn't happen. Its readjusting the tapes that will make that happen. The plastics are weak on the shells generally and if you pull the tape off it might rip. If you find yourself readjusting all the time, you should buy Bambinos. They can be restuck over and over. The double layer tapes in Abena and Molicare are useless to me as the other tape is quite weak still.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    That shouldn't happen. Its readjusting the tapes that will make that happen. The plastics are weak on the shells generally and if you pull the tape off it might rip. If you find yourself readjusting all the time, you should buy Bambinos. They
    Awesome thank you so much for the help!