View Poll Results: Do you text and drive?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 4.76%
  • Occasionally

14 22.22%
  • No

46 73.02%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you text and drive?

Default Do you text and drive?

I just watched the UK PSA texting and driving awareness video. Even after three years of the time I first saw it in high school, it still leaves me with a "wow" feeling. Unfortunately too many people here in America dont get the message. I've seen people looking at their phones in cars beside me. As a new driver, I've taken the vow to never text and drive. I would like to know what others think of the whole "texting and driving" phenomenon and if they have been guilty of getting on their cellphones themselves while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    I just watched the UK PSA texting and driving awareness video..
    Was it this one? WARNING: contains car crashes, screaming and blood

I wouldn't ever try and txt whilst driving - using a mobile phone (that isn't hands free) while driving has been illegal since before I learned to drive, and I don't send that many txts anyway, so I can't pretend it's a struggle to comply with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    Was it this one? WARNING: contains car crashes, screaming and blood

I wouldn't ever try and txt whilst driving - using a mobile phone (that isn't hands free) while driving has been illegal since before I learned to drive, and I don't send that many txts anyway, so I can't pretend it's a struggle to comply with the law.
    Yes and the wow factor still rubs off on me. While I dont do anything for children the "mommy daddy wale up" and "why wont mommy wake up?" part cuts down deep. Its just not worth it, even if you have to text, the sensible thing is to pull off the road.

No. But I don't drive either. I don't understand why people think it's an okay idea to text while driving.

I will dial and talk on the phone while driving, and will send 'voice' text messages, but not type text messages. In other words, I will press the mic button and say my text message and press send. The bad thing about that is I can't always check to make sure the voice to text recognition typed the right message until I can get to a stoplight or something... and sometimes I have sent some strange messages on accident.

Not unless I'm at a red light, and even then, only if it's urgent. I know I shouldn't even do that, though...

professorbock

I don't text...yet. I'm buying a new phone in May. Still though, I will not text while in my vehicle.

I know better than that.

If a contact of mine should become irate that I didn't reply to a message quickly, then so be it. I'm not going to risk everyone's lives to save 15 minutes for a reply.

I don't and I use a bluetooth headset to make or answer calls. Plus using the physical phone at all while driving here in California is illegal unless its a critical emergency. Like say a road rager is chasing you down and you need to call 911 or some serious health issue like a stroke, child birth, etc.

Pretty soon though talking on a phone even hands-free might become illegal since simply talking can be as bad as holding/talking on the phone. The act of holding conversation is dangerous when your controlling a two ton machine doing 30 miles per hour.

I'm a bad man...
    I text a lot related to my work and often on the road. I will read texts while driving and reply if I can use K, yes or no but wait for a stop light or pull over if a complicated response is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I don't and I use a bluetooth headset to make or answer calls. Plus using the physical phone at all while driving here in California is illegal unless its a critical emergency. Like say a road rager is chasing you down and you need to call 911 or some serious health issue like a stroke, child birth, etc.

Pretty soon though talking on a phone even hands-free might become illegal since simply talking can be as bad as holding/talking on the phone. The act of holding conversation is dangerous when your controlling a two ton machine doing 30 miles per hour.
    Ah, so you use the thingy that it looks like youre talking to yourself when in actuality, youre not. My dad answers the phone all the time when hes driving and does it like a pro. Of course hes been driving for 30+ years.