Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is South Park Finally Dead?

Default Is South Park Finally Dead?

So i stopped liking the Simpsons after season 10.5 (maybe some during season11). Now that South Park is well beyond that, is it dead? The most recent season was 50% okay, but any speculation about next season? At least the South Park Movie was WAY better than the Simpsons Movie. Way, WAY better.

Well, the Simpson's aren't even 'dead' yet. Still plenty of people watching, and many people still like it. This sort of thing is always going to be based on personal preference.

I'm not watching (South Park) attentively but it's because my phase of tolerating the crudeness for the intelligent writing has ended. I think it's probably still a quality show, from last I checked though. So no, I think it's still alive.

If it's dead to you though, then I respect that.
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 09-Apr-2013 at 05:11. Reason: Made my post more clear.

Honestly, I felt that they died when they tried to capitalize on the Justin Bieber hate bandwagon and use Cthulu mythos as a story for a three-parter episode, that was just...terrible in my opinion.

The Simpsons on the other hand, I feel is still somehow fresh.

Simpsons still have their moments and the writers are still producing some solid work. Southpark on the other hand has gone down hill.

Was South Park still being produced? It kinda disappeared from my field of vision many years ago and I thought it had passed in it's sleep long ago.

I've switched to Family Guy and American Dad a long time ago. I think they're great

Quote Originally Posted by Bongolino View Post
    Was South Park still being produced? It kinda disappeared from my field of vision many years ago and I thought it had passed in it's sleep long ago.

I've switched to Family Guy and American Dad a long time ago. I think they're great
    I'm not sure which is worse, Modern-South Park or Anything made by Seth McFarlane.

A lot of people have been telling me south park is crap now because it's becoming too absurd and nonsensical.
    I have to wonder if these people even remember the early episodes. Mecha-Streisand, Mr. Hanky, A monster with Patrick Duffy for a leg, hello?

It's always been a really stupid show, and that's the exact reason why I watch it and Family guy.
    Plus, the main reason for watching South park now is Randy Marsh. They really turned him into quite a hilarious character.

South Park isnt dead even though Kennys long gone. The Simpsons contract ends this year and I dont think they will be renewing it.

Kenny isn't gone. He was dead for an entire season years ago, but he got better.