Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mewtwo evolution confirmed by Pokemon X/Y director

Default New Mewtwo evolution confirmed by Pokemon X/Y director

Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Director Confirms New Mewtwo Form | My Nintendo News What do you guys think? I think it looks awesome, I'll be picking up the game later this year

The design isn't too bad. I don't know if Mewtwo is the type of Pokemon I think should get an evolution (coming from the endgame, being very powerful already, etc.), but I am fine with it. I imagine it won't improve Mewtwo's base stat total, just redistribute... although I'm not sure how so since Mewtwo is pretty polar already. Maybe it will be an increase.

It looks awesome. I keep getting this mental image of his tail sprouting out of his noggin, kinda scary though..

Yeah, it's so cool though. I was pretty excited about it too.

I've seen people raging about how MewTwo is now ruined because of it. And I have to disagree, I shall save my judgement for when X and Y finally gets released I shall judge him then.

But as of right now, I like the design, it's a really good blend of both Mew and MewTwo and I like that.

Not evolution, careful there. Thye haven't said whether it's an evolution, form, or new Pokemon. Personally, I LOVE the look. It's the Genwunners saying "LOOKIT WUT DEY DID 2 MEW2!!!!"

Also, in before it's just a Ditto failing at copying Mewtwo (Moka will get the joke :P )

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieB View Post
    Not evolution, careful there. Thye haven't said whether it's an evolution, form, or new Pokemon.
    That would make sense. I imagine it is a new form (since they do that kind of stuff these days) or an "alternate" Pokemon.

I like the design, and will definitely be picking up a copy of this generations game. Honestly though, I don't even use legendaries in-game or in competitive battling. I find it makes the story too easy, and I don't like playing in the uber tier.

-Ron

The form itself looks pretty cool. My bro and I have started up a theory as to why he needs the new form as well. Just remember that this is just a fan theory and may not be fact.

Mewtwo, at the end of the first Pokemon movie, wished to learn how to be more compassionate and understand the bonds between trainers and their Pokemon better, much like his counterpart Mew. In Mewtwo Returns, he is close to understanding but can't. In this film, he might come to fully understand it. Thus, his new form bears a closer resemblance to that of Mew, making Mewtwo less of a cloned and manufactured Mew but a natural counterpart to it.

It's probably bull, but it's what we think.

I think I'm about to cry, it can't get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    The form itself looks pretty cool. My bro and I have started up a theory as to why he needs the new form as well. Just remember that this is just a fan theory and may not be fact.

Mewtwo, at the end of the first Pokemon movie, wished to learn how to be more compassionate and understand the bonds between trainers and their Pokemon better, much like his counterpart Mew. In Mewtwo Returns, he is close to understanding but can't. In this film, he might come to fully understand it. Thus, his new form bears a closer resemblance to that of Mew, making Mewtwo less of a cloned and manufactured Mew but a natural counterpart to it.

It's probably bull, but it's what we think.
    That actually sounds like a very interesting theory, I kinda wish for it to be real!