Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paci's in public

Default Paci's in public

As I was writing my newest blog entry, I decided to make a thread out of it. But have anyone seen people (mainly teenagers and adults) use pacifiers in public. I'm not talking about a mom just having in her mouth due to full hands, and raves either. But kids just using them to be funny and/or cool.

Two examples:
    1. I walked into 7-Eleven to use the bathroom, and there is this kid with his brother, and he had one in his mouth.
    2. The two teen girls that sat next to me at Starbucks, using a brand new pack they just bought at Target.

Stuff like that. Has this ever happened to you guys and what did you do? Both times I was tempted to use mine (which I carry in my pocket all the time) just to be funny as well, but because of insecurity I never did.

Post away

Sometimes people under effects of speed/extasy/coca are using paci, because these substances has a side effect "unquiet tongue/mouth" or in other case are EMOs. No other explain found (very less of them could be ABs.) This is what I know by myself.

The only times I've heard of this in non-rave situations have been people who say they drive with their pacifier to help calm their nerves behind the wheel. In daylight, I'm pretty sure it would be visible to other drivers on the road. I myself haven't noticed anyone doing that, but I've read about it in forums like this one.

I walked by a man/guy the other day, dressed like a goth.. with a pink paccy in his mouth.

I doubt he's a AB, and I doubt that he thinks of it as calming.. so.. I'm guessing he's doing it to be a rebel..

Some people use them to help quit smoking. I think most people would look upon using a paci in public as strange but their first thought wouldn't involve adult babyism.

I've seen plenty of 17-20 year old girls sucking pacifiers. I think they think it makes them look super cute and not funny or cool though. Like, I think they actually think it makes them look sexy. I don't know about that personally, but I've seen it. That's kind of why I just leave my pacifiers out in the open in my house, I don't mind if anyone sees.

Pacifiers also are sort of kind of connected to sweet lolita fashion stuff too, though not mainstream.

When I was younger there was a trend for using pacifiers in public, so I can actually remember being ENVIOUS of someone else's pacifier for non-AB reasons (they had a special light-up one: I was behind the trend). Maybe it's making a comeback!

I've never seen any teens or adults with pacis, but I will use mine in the backseat of the car.... in daylight.... but usually take it out if there's a lot of traffic or anything. Nevertheless, I might have caused a few ''what the crap?'' moments for anyone who happened to see!

i wont wear it out in public mostly because if my mom found out she would assume drugs and that would not be a fun experience.around here its pretty much accepted if your sucking on a paci in public your a druggie.i drive at night with my paci but if i see police i take it out so i wont have trouble with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    The only times I've heard of this in non-rave situations have been people who say they drive with their pacifier to help calm their nerves behind the wheel. In daylight, I'm pretty sure it would be visible to other drivers on the road. I myself haven't noticed anyone doing that, but I've read about it in forums like this one.
    I do that sometimes when I have to drive at night to go to my boyfriends house, he lives an hour away at school ;-;