Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the American Bible-Belt!

Post Greetings from the American Bible-Belt!

I'm Viridian or Viri for fans of cute diminutives. I'm a pre-transition transsexual, not for lack of trying though. I regress as part of what my therapist believes is a coping mechanism for gender issues and an abnormal childhood. I was referred to this site by someone who I met at a littles munch and found it to be a great resource.

As for my non-AB/DL life I've worked in many areas including voice acting, tractor operation, science and math tutoring, and electronics repair. I have decided to settle in on commercial aviation and flight instruction; although I am just starting my training in the end I will have enough acronyms attached to my name to at least look like I know what I'm doing.

Given my asperger syndrome I have an obsessive level of interest in cosmology, technology, and aviation. As made evident by my profile picture I am also a brony.

I look forward to meeting more people in the AB/DL community and having the freedom to be honest about who I am.

Hi there, and welcome. I'm sure you'll find many interesting people to share with here. Nice solid intro too.

Welcome to ADISC. I have Aspergers as well and I find that this place is really accepting of everyone. Hope you enjoy it here!

Hi and welcome. There are also a lot of transgender people on this site, so you should fit it nicely. We really are a very diverse group, and very accepting of one another. If only the whole world was like that. Oh well, one person at a time.

Hi there! Fellow AB, fellow male-to-female transsexual, fellow into-regression person! So hopefully we'll get along swimmingly!

I love your intro, it was so well written. I'm a little jealous! Perhaps you could give me some writing lesson sometime. The fact that you know things, and are interested in aviation and well.. just all the things you listed is amazing! I wish I knew about some of that stuff to really engage you. By your picture, as you stated, it's obvious you are indeed interested in My Little Pony! My favorite is Diamond Tiara. Are there any other TV shows, cartoons, or anything like that you like? Any other game or just pure relaxation stuff you are interested in?

What about favorite foods? How do you feel about shy people who nervously ask a lot of questions in an effort to be friendly and welcoming? :P

I hope you have a great time here on ADISC. Both for engaging discussion and some littles fun.

Talking Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Hi there! Fellow AB, fellow male-to-female transsexual, fellow into-regression person! So hopefully we'll get along swimmingly!

I love your intro, it was so well written. I'm a little jealous! Perhaps you could give me some writing lesson sometime. The fact that you know things, and are interested in aviation and well.. just all the things you listed is amazing! I wish I knew about some of that stuff to really engage you. By your picture, as you stated, it's obvious you are indeed interested in My Little Pony! My favorite is Diamond Tiara. Are there any other TV shows, cartoons, or anything like that you like? Any other game or just pure relaxation stuff you are interested in?

What about favorite foods? How do you feel about shy people who nervously ask a lot of questions in an effort to be friendly and welcoming? :P

I hope you have a great time here on ADISC. Both for engaging discussion and some littles fun.
    Thanks muffinz. As for ponies I am a fool for Fluttershy; I ordered one of the 20" Funrise Flutterplushes yesterday. I do find Diamond Tiara to be in the running for most adorable character in the series, her role in "Ponyville Confidential" made it one of my favorite episodes.

As for TV I've been following The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Doctor Who. I watch a few animes, my personal favorite being Durarara!!, however, I would recommend Hourou Musuko to any trans person. When I'm regressed I'm easily entertained to the point where I would likely be content watching the Direct TV help channel for four hours, consequently there are no non-MLP shows that I watch consistently while little.

In the case of video games Minecraft is the only game that I play consistently, otherwise I tend to bounce around genres and stick to PC titles. While little I tend to stick to nostalgic titles such as Lego Island but also tend to avoid anything that would require me to be around my desktop; because of proprioceptive issues(difficulty telling where one's own body is positioned) from asperger syndrome I am naturally clumsy and while little even more so and do not want to risk knocking over an extremely delicate and somewhat expensive studio microphone. I tend to only play in longer sessions, say when I'll be alone for eight hours, and make shorter sessions focused on relaxing.

Don't worry about coming off as shy and I appreciate you taking the time to post and ask some questions

Hey there: I like your passion, the way you take the bull by the horns and run with it, said he, mixing his metaphors, and spinning it all out into a run-on sentence, very J K Rowling...(Guess who's plowing through the Potter books...)

But really, Yours is an impressive and varied list of interests and accomplishments: including those yet to come. Your confidence in your future shines through, all agleam ! Aviation is a lofty goal by itself, but teaching it...

As Dogboy said, it's true that in this ab/dl/furry world are quite a few more transsexual and asexual folk than in most of the population. It occurs to me that you might tell us about sites and organizations, online and off, that offer support and solidarity to the tg community. I know nothing of these things, like what resources may be out there... but you do, I am sure... and have plenty to offer our tg population by way of comfort, advice, information, and first-hand experience.

You go to munches! Yay! I am slightly surprised that you started attending littles' munches before you decided to check out Adisc... Somewhere online must have grabbed your attention first... but I am sure you'll be glad you decided to give Adisc a whirl. We have a lot to offer, but not just "more" (compared to DD, FL, abdlstories, d-space, etc.) for we are of a different nature than them too... in that we are all about more than just regression and diapers and vinyl fetishes[ ], as wonderful as they may be: we are interested in all that stuff of course but equally, the sort of things about yourself you told us about in that intro of yours.

I wish you luck in getting the "op" - I have no clue how it might work in a country where you pay for healthcare... I know it's hard enough to get in Canada... God only knows how things work down there. And in the Bible belt too... Hang in there.

professorbock

Hi, Viridian. It's great to see you have so many passions in life! That's actually very healthy. Good for you. Honestly, I don't notice gender as being a special level, so more power to you. You have the strength to live life the way you want. So few I've met your age are this honest. Kudos to you.

This community is very friendly. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hey ya Viri, and welcome to ADISC of course!

Brohoof! /)*(\

Are you playing Minecraft rather often or just from time to time? I'm not playing myself, but i really love most structures people are building. That effort is simply amazing!
    So i guess your favourite genre is adventure? Or are you into other games aswell? I'm just curious

Voice acting is great! I have been thinking a lot of times for doing it myself, but somehow, being "kinda" alone in the studio and recording stuff didn't seem to be a thing for me and i guess i lack a little bit of improvisation talent in this case. But i really appreciate the work some are doing. It seems like some people are really made for this, but also for acting in general, i think. I'm a big Mark Meer fan in this case (Mass effect: male Shepard and some other games and "shows", etc), i just love his voice!

I wonder a little bit, how did you got the idea going for flight instruction?

Anyway, have a lot of fun here, i think you'll be a great addition!
    Last edited by daLira; 08-Apr-2013 at 00:22.

Thank you, all of you, for taking the time to respond.

Are you playing Minecraft rather often or just from time to time? I'm not playing myself, but i really love most structures people are building. That effort is simply amazing!
    So i guess your favourite genre is adventure? Or are you into other games aswell? I'm just curious
    I still play Minecraft about once a week or so with some friends. I tend to bounce around game genres quite a bit but I often gravitate towards survival/adventure titles.

I wonder a little bit, how did you got the idea going for flight instruction?
    Given that aviation has been an aspergers related fixation of mine since I bought my first flight simulator when I was eleven learning to fly has been a goal of mine for a long time, though it has not always been my path. For years in high school I was focused on electrical and computer engineering while on track for MIT but found that the life of an engineer did not appeal to me. I do love to design and build complex circuits...just not THAT much. Commercial aviation and flight instruction was an opportunity that took me by surprise. I originally abandoned that route due to the economy, but now they are predicting a major pilot shortage in two years. Instruction, specifically, came from convenience and my ability to teach. I hope to catch the wave of pilots seeking training for commercial flight by getting instrument and multi-engine ratings. Even if I am unable to exploit the influx of new people seeking training being a certified multi-engine instructor is a major appeal to the airlines because it allows them to throw another pilot in the right seat and log it as training hours.

Hope I answered your questions, nice Soul Eater avatar by the way.