Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working for a diaper company...

Default Working for a diaper company...

of course keeping your whole lifestyle choice secret......

Would you ever take a job working for the diaper division of a company like Kimberly Clark or Proctor & Gamble?? Seems like we are more qualified than the majority of people to design and market these products, considering we know a thing or two about diapers. If lots of us did pursue jobs in that field, do you think the industry would be better than it is now?

Well, KC makes both adult and baby diapers. I really don't think it would make them better in general, though if DLs actually were allowed to design diapers, we'd probably like them more

The problem is, what DLs want in a diaper is very different from what the average consumer wants. We tend to want thick, snug diapers, and even sometimes ones that are noisy. People who wear diapers out of necessity are more likely to want something that's easily concealed and with just enough capacity for what they need.

As for baby diapers, I'm not sure how Huggies size 12 would go over at the plant :rofl:.

yeah but don't you think we could better understand what the consumers want? Such as the concealment factor....

Well when it comes to baby diapers, I think a parent is more qualified than us. When it comes to bedwetting diapers, I think a bedwetter is more qualified, and when it comes to adult diapers, I think someone who -truly- needs them would be more qualified.

Frankly, just because I like to wear them doesn't mean I know squat about them. I know what I'd want in fantasy land, but do I really know what makes them better to those who truly need them?

I would be interested in it from the engineering point of view, but it isn't really the area I want to go into. I certainly wouldn't consider *BDL (a minor part of the market) to be good customers to base the wants of a whole on - a product is designed for the majority of it's customers. I would take the job if I wanted to go into a more closely related area of engineering but Mech Eng --> Diapers is limited.

On a slightly connected point, I wouldn't be suprised if diaper companies do know about *BDL. They will make an effort to know all of there market. We are in the minority so they won't do much to make there products suitable for us, been as we often want something very different to their primary consumer, but I would not be suprised if they were aware of this area of the market, even if they don't consider it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    On a slightly connected point, I wouldn't be suprised if diaper companies do know about *BDL. They will make an effort to know all of there market. We are in the minority so they won't do much to make there products suitable for us, been as we often want something very different to their primary consumer, but I would not be suprised if they were aware of this area of the market, even if they don't consider it too much.
    Certainly. It seems likely that there is some connection between Bambinos and Secure X-Plus, between the similarity in the diapers and the fact that bambino's site links directly to them (and not to any other diaper manufacturers/distributors).

Also, I recall a while back there was a Pampers survey that was circulating around the *BDL communities. One of the questions was something like "Adult Pampers would be great. Agree/Dissagree". I think it was probably used to filter out ABDL responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    I agree, I am more than sure all diaper companies know about abdl's. Especially the marketing department of each company, they would be the most likely ones to be aware of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Well when it comes to baby diapers, I think a parent is more qualified than us. When it comes to bedwetting diapers, I think a bedwetter is more qualified, and when it comes to adult diapers, I think someone who -truly- needs them would be more qualified.
    I will admit you make a very good point, that does not mean diaper companies still could not make a product line for us. For example they could keep all their current products on the market but just come out with a new diaper on the market. Like pampers could come out with a T-A Size diaper (not pull up), which would stand for teen-adult. No matter what they would call the size or diaper, they could design it specifically wth abdl's in mind, without announcing to the market it is for abdl's. They could create advertiements such as ads commercials and such without making the normal consumer aware they are diapers made for people who like diapers. They would simple think it was just the company expanding to adult consumers to widden their profit.

Now if I got to work in a diaper factory, or be ahead of the engineering of it, well that would be heck of a lot of fun! I would LOVE going to work! As long as most people were nice there of course. Anyways I would really only work there unless I was a manager of a certain department or, engineer designer for diapers.

In the future, I may consider such a line of work. Several times, I have thought about how nice it would be to take a more active role in the design of adult diapers. The engineering aspects could be fun. Product design and testing would also be pleasant. Often times, I have wondered how many people involved in the design of adult diapers actually wear them. My dream job would be the owner of a small diaper factory. Too bad the cost quickly enters the millions.

The best person to involve in the design of a product is actual users. A baby diaper design would be best handled by a mother. A youth/teen diaper should have good emphasis on bed wetters, but should not be limited to such constraints. Adult diapers should cover the widest group possible. Abena and Tena have the best product ranges, but have room for improvement. While an incontinent person may have more experience with diapers, a DL should not be excluded. Anyone who wears a diaper for an extended time will be able to provide good suggestions for the fit, tapes, and other such items. A diaper that does not stay in place on me while I sleep will likely not work well for others. The absorbency, discreteness, and look will vary from person to person without regards to reason for use. If you are wearing it in public, you will want a thinner, more discrete design. If it is for overnight use, absorbency and fasteners are more critical. For the plastic cover and scent, a DL may be biased differently than an IC.

To successfully work for a company, one should try to avoid discussing their AB/DL interests, but can show extra enthusiasm for the product. A good employee knows the product, knows their job very well, and seeks to help the company above personal interests. While some people may find my interest in adult diapers odd, my value to the company should keep that from being an issue. I definitely think that we could improve diapers and diaper company profits if we worked for them. The harder question is how good of an employee would we be?

Of course, I do not currently work for a diaper company. The previous statements are only my opinion and do not reflect any experience with diaper companies beyond the DL consumer level. For at least the next decade, I plan to remain in my current career. After that, I have no solid plans for my next career. Currently, bondage gear is higher on my list than diapers, but that may change by the time that I reach that point in my life. Currently, both industries have plenty of room for improvement.

I would considering working for one but I wouldn't design a diaper for *B's or DL's unless given a order to and I don't think that's very likely. Anyways like Abigail said people who truly need them should be asked to design them. The most we should do is really buy the diapers we like best, this send the message "Yes people are buying them so keep making them!".

That is also the best argument against internet piracy. The less people buying it the more likely they will stop making such products. The more people buy the less change of them changing their products.