Thread: Going through a really strong DL patch.

Default Going through a really strong DL patch.

It'd all been pretty quiet for me recently on the DL front... I wore last week but I've hardly had any desire these last few months; and then, all at once, BAM I seem to wanna wear them every chance I get. My partner is cool with it but I actually wanna wear alone more than in company... I dunno. weird! Anyone going/been through similar?

I'm not worried or anything, I just felt like sharing it!

Default Re: Going through a really strong DL patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    It'd all been pretty quiet for me recently on the DL front... I wore last week but I've hardly had any desire these last few months; and then, all at once, BAM I seem to wanna wear them every chance I get. My partner is cool with it but I actually wanna wear alone more than in company... I dunno. weird! Anyone going/been through similar?

I'm not worried or anything, I just felt like sharing it!
    Its a binge and purge cycle that most of us go through.

I've only tended to see it as binge/purge when I've been trying to resist wearing... that hasn't been the case recently... these last few months I've been cool with it for the first time in my life and that seemed to reduce the desire to wear them. I didn't expect to have a 'binge' as a result of my being more comfortable with being DL... Then out of the blue it's been really strong again!

My experience is that my desire to wear diapers comes in waves. I might go for a month or so without putting on a diaper and without thinking about diapers all that much. There are other times when my desire to wear diapers is strong. I'll wear diapers to bed several times over the course of a couple of weeks, and I'll spend more time on diaper sites.

I notice some patters--the desire to wear diapers tends to increase when I'm under stress, for instance. But it's not totally predictable. I wouldn't call it binging, because I don't go wild, and there's no purge afterward, just decreased interest.

For me, joining ADISC has really helped stop the cycle. I used to have the most wild binge purge cycle: I'd go six months without wearing, and then wear almost every day for a month. At the beginning of the year, I made a resolution to accept this part of me, and joining ADISC is a crucial part of that. During when my usual "purge" part of the cycle would be, I make sure to continue coming to ADISC. Continuing to talk about diapers and be exposed to it even if my desire to wear is at a low point has helped smooth out the cycle. Now I never have that incredibly irresistible urge, but it's a manageable urge that's for the most part constant.

I mean sure, the cycle is still there a bit. From late February - early March I barely posted on here at all. I made it a point to come peruse the threads, but my contributions to the forum were at a minimum. Then I decided to change that and started posting more. But I didn't rid myself of diapers and thoughts of diapers all together. Really, I don't see myself ever intentionally purging myself of diapers again in the future. The only situation in which I can see myself without diapers for an extended period of time would be based on living situations at the university, and wouldn't be because I willingly purged mysel of diapers.

So yea I guess this needs saying: THANKS ADISC! Honestly, the people here have helped me feel like this side of me is normal, even when it seems like it isn't. Before joining ADISC, I thought there was no way I could lead a 'normal' life and have this urge to wear diapers, but the people here have changed that. After meeting the incredible people here, I have discovered that I don't have to let diapers dominate my life, but rather they can be a part of my diverse set of hobbies and likes. I've met so many different people through ADISC and it just shows me how different we all are, even though we have such a unifying desire.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Before joining ADISC, I thought there was no way I could lead a 'normal' life and have this urge to wear diapers, but the people here have changed that. After meeting the incredible people here, I have discovered that I don't have to let diapers dominate my life, but rather they can be a part of my diverse set of hobbies and likes. I've met so many different people through ADISC and it just shows me how different we all are, even though we have such a unifying desire.
    Sounds like you've got a balanced and - most importantly - mature outlook there I wish I'd had something like Adisc when I was 18! At 30 I feel like I'm covering a lot of ground which I should've dealt with some years ago...

Default Re: Going through a really strong DL patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    I've only tended to see it as binge/purge when I've been trying to resist wearing... that hasn't been the case recently... these last few months I've been cool with it for the first time in my life and that seemed to reduce the desire to wear them. I didn't expect to have a 'binge' as a result of my being more comfortable with being DL... Then out of the blue it's been really strong again!
    Its a part of it. Binge and purging can have different level of effects. Its all the same really its just the severity that changes.

Samething goes for you musical ear. You listen to one band or song over and over and once you get sick of it, you won't listen to it for awhile. Then you remember how much you love it and listen to them until your sick of it again.

My desire to wear goes up and down just as you described. Last month I had no interest whatsoever, probably because I was so busy with assignments. Then once the deadlines had passed, I was still feeling stressed so my desires went crazy for a while and I wore for a few days. No big deal as I always keep a stash close at hand precisely for those situations!

Yes, I've had a tiring busy week and didn't think about my diapers at all.

Then on the way home tonight, I wanted to be diapered and just relax. Which is what I'm doing now.

This group surely helps me with not hating/feeling ashamed of my need/desire to be diapered.