Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own a cage for when they are in furry mode in the home?

Default Does anyone own a cage for when they are in furry mode in the home?

Hey guys, I've been thinking, when I get my own place I want to build myself a cage for when I feel furry. I want it to have a wooden frame and be 6 feet long, 6 feet wide and 4 feet tall, perhaps with chicken wire walls. Do any of you have a cage? What are your thoughts on me building one?

PaddedPuppy

6X6X4 is quite an unusual size for making a cage if compared to most that a human would use, and the wood and chicken wire idea would make it look totally different to what most people would like. Most would just go to a pet store and get the largest dog cage they can find (which has different dimensions to what you say you want) or if its for more sexual play and there is a bigger budget they would get one custom made with certain additions. But, If its what you want to do, then go for it. Its going to be for your own use so in the end its your choice.

I'm not really sure its about being in a furry mood like you say. The main point in a cage is being locked into it. That makes it more attractive to owners of slaves and puppy players (on the more sexual side)

I know I mentioned sexual play a couple of times there, it doesn't necessarily have to be, but that is the main use for one in my eyes.

O.o
    Your fursona must be some kind of wild beast if it needs to be locked up.

Doesnīt sound very comfy to me, but hey, do what you feel like.
    Just make sure you put a bowl of water in there when itīs done.
    And some toys.
    And the key.
    And the remote control for your TV.
    Oh, and of course one of those hamster wheels :p

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    Doesnīt sound very comfy to me
    Depending on what position you are in inside the cage you need either a mat, pillow or knee pads otherwise it gets painful very quickly. I haven't tried with chicken wire but guess it would be just as bad as the metal bars on a normal cage. If you aren't putting a floor on it and fixing it down, or it has a solid plastic/metal base its less of a problem. Actually being in a small cage with not much room isn't that bad. I have managed to go 12 hours in one including sleeping through the night.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    ... I have managed to go 12 hours in one including sleeping through the night.
    Hmmm, thatīs quite impressive...
    ... But still, I think Iīll keep using my bed... for now ^^

Default Re: Does anyone own a cage for when they are in furry mode in the home?

I have thought is like to trybeing caged for a bit... Don't have room for one, or anyone to let me out

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    O.o
    Your fursona must be some kind of wild beast if it needs to be locked up.
    'Crating' dogs is actually pretty common in some places: we had a big ol' doggy 'cage' here once I could fit in. Gotta say it wasn't really my thing though.

I guess maybe I would associate it more with active puppy play than furry times, but then for a lot of people there's some overlap there. Not for me, personally, but I can see it being cute for someone to curl up in a cage away from the 'people'.

6ft long and 6 wide? thats pretty big!

Most pics i seen in puppy play or bdsm are about the size as this Dog Cage: Super Economy Fold & Carry Dog Cage and since it folds up you dont need to only keep it in one part of the house or need to come up with a excuse why you have it if you dont have a dog when guest are over.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    ... Gotta say it wasn't really my thing though. ...
    Well, youīre a pup.
    Of course itīs not your thing, what did you expect? ^^

Ive thought about it, as most leopards are seen from behind cage bars. My biggest problem is that I'm really tall at 6'2" and I dont think Ive ever seen a cage big enough for me. My grandpa still has one in his garage that their Australian Shepherd Abby used before she passed away. They no longer have a use for it and I'd love to test it out, but it would be really weird asking him If I could have it since they know I dont have a dog. The other problem is finding a place to put it. I have room in my basement, but how would I hide something that large or explain it to visitors (particularly my parents)