Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport security looked through my hand carry

Hyperlitegreen

Default Airport security looked through my hand carry

I was flying from Texas to Virginia last year, and all I had was a small hand carry. I didn't check anything in. Well, I put two xplus diapers in the hand carry, and I totally forgot to grab all of the tiny liquid bottles such as my cologne, hair gel ,and toothpaste. Well, after it went through the scanner, one of the security guys grabbed it from the conveyor belt and asked me if it was my bag. I kept thinking "Oh crap!!!". Well, he asked if he could search the bag, and at that point I was like ok....When the guy opened my hand carry, he paused for a quick second and stared at the two diapers, and I think he was about to move it around but instead he just looked at it and proceeded to open the small toiletry bag underneath it. Geeze, he finally took out all of the liquids and he said that I was supposed to put them in the small ziplock bags. I think at that point he felt sorry for me, and he put his hand on my shoulder and said "look, I'll let you keep your cologne since it might be expensive but we have to trash the other liquids. After that, he zipped up my carry on and gave it back to me and said "have a nice flight". He was really professional about the diapers, because most of those guys seem to joke around what they see in the bags while they are just standing there searching suspicious luggage.

So he accommodated your "medical condition" so you wouldn't smell.

Hyperlitegreen

woo woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlitegreen View Post
    I think at that point he felt sorry for me, and he put his hand on my shoulder and said "look, I'll let you keep your cologne since it might be expensive but we have to trash the other liquids.
    It's a good job a terrorist would never think to disguise explosives as cologne... :-/

In the grand scheme of things, It's probably not the oddest thing he's seen in his career! I wouldn't sweat in either case

Probably happens more often than not. People wear diapers on planes. I'm almost positive I noticed a flight attendant who was diapered once (occupational diapering is not uncommon). I fly about twice a year and almost every time have my bag searched, diapers and all. At first, I was a little apprehensive, not because the security would see my diapers, but because people waiting behind me would see them. That was years ago. Today, I find it no big deal. On one occasion, they pulled out my baby powder, took it away and (presumably) tested it. They told me the bottle was too big and it needed to be smaller. Now I bring a smaller bottle of powder on the plane. And, yes, creams and liquids under 4 oz. must be sealed in a clear plastic bag.

FBIsMostUnwanted

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Probably happens more often than not. People wear diapers on planes. I'm almost positive I noticed a flight attendant who was diapered once (occupational diapering is not uncommon).
    Yeah, there's tons of people who use diapers on the job. Pilots, sentry guards, divers, even average office workers with a strict boss who limits bathroom breaks. Tourists may wear diapers to avoid having to leave a line during long queues, politicians giving an extended filibuster, etc. Diapers are actually a lot more common than you may think. Normal people wear diapers all the time for various purposes, so I'll bet it's a more-than-daily, almost mundane sight for airport security. I mean, planes are crowded and passengers are mean, and the seatbelt light always come on at the most inconvenient of times - given that, why doesn't every plane passenger wear diapers on their flight?

Yeah, while we as DLs freak out and get nervous and jumpy about our diapers, we fail to realise it is actually much more common than one would think. I used to go paintballing a lot, and I managed to convince a good portion of my regular team to wear diapers to matches - not because I'm a DL, but because it's easy. After all, nothing fucks up your aim like an itchy bladder satisfied only by shaking your legs. That makes it real hard to shoot.

I'm rambling, aren't I? TL;DR: Diapers are normal, but we never hear about them because people are embarrassed when really, a good portion of the population uses them regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by FBIsMostUnwanted View Post
    Yeah, there's tons of people who use diapers on the job. Pilots, sentry guards, divers, even average office workers with a strict boss who limits bathroom breaks. Tourists may wear diapers to avoid having to leave a line during long queues, politicians giving an extended filibuster, etc. Diapers are actually a lot more common than you may think. Normal people wear diapers all the time for various purposes, so I'll bet it's a more-than-daily, almost mundane sight for airport security. I mean, planes are crowded and passengers are mean, and the seatbelt light always come on at the most inconvenient of times - given that, why doesn't every plane passenger wear diapers on their flight?
    Let's not get carried away. You make it sound like half the population wears diapers.

I dunno, I viewed a website yesterday, with a pic of a Chinese rescue worker going through rubble after a mining landslide disaster bent over... and quite clearly diapered under his rescue suit. couldn't miss it (Wunderground.com, Tibet mining disaster rescue operations).. not that i'm looking, but I think its much more common than generally assumed.. been through lots and lots of airport security checks.. diapered, with diapers in my carry on.. not been an issue so far

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    I dunno, I viewed a website yesterday, with a pic of a Chinese rescue worker going through rubble after a mining landslide disaster bent over... and quite clearly diapered under his rescue suit. couldn't miss it (Wunderground.com, Tibet mining disaster rescue operations).. not that i'm looking, but I think its much more common than generally assumed.. been through lots and lots of airport security checks.. diapered, with diapers in my carry on.. not been an issue so far
    This one?:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tibet-landslide-2_650x366.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	16553

Yea, definitely looks like he's wearing a diaper.