Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphology

Default Graphology

I read an interesting book the other day called Handwriting Analysis: Putting it to work for you. It's a book about Graphology, or the art of reading personalit traits through handwriting. It tells you how to catch someone lying, or tell if someone is psychotic, or on drugs..

I have to admit, I was skeptical, then then they incuded some copies of Charles Manson writings, and well as copies of the original Zodiac messages. Sure enough, that maniac D was present on both writings. (Mansons was crazy looking, and hard to read- but I did and it was disturbing!) They also showed how your writing can change over time, due to mood. They had several celebrity authographs to show this. (Marilyn Monroe was one. They had her signature right before her death.)So then I performed a few tests of my own. I told my mom to write down five things about her that I didn't know about her, but make one a lie. Just by looking at the way she wrote, I picked her lie out in about 3 seconds- not bad at all considering I'm no expert

Needless to say, foiund the book fairly accurate, and downright useful.. It was written a few decades ago, so you probably won't find it, but you can pick up other books on the subject, I'm sure.. It's useful because you can tell how peopel REALLY feel about you if they write a note to you. It is pretty awesome, my mom quit work recently, and a bunch of peopel signed a card and wrote her little mesages. I felt them to all be heartfelt, except one, and guess rom who? Her old boss.. I could tell she wasn't happy she left, but hey on that salary, you'd better be thankful she gave you two weeks notice, bitch.

So anyway, id this stuff interests you, pick up a book on it. It not only tells you that stuff, but also how to keep your identity safe as well what handwriting traits that are considered bad. (Felon's hook, most embezzlers have one.) It's pprobably not all right, but so far I have put somehings to work for me, and it seems pretty accurate so far..

- Chromos, your friendly neighborhood lie detector.

Hmmm...that would be kinda interesting to learn about. My handwriting is always changing - sometimes it's really neat and round, sometimes it's chicken scratch. I guess it all depends on how I'm feeling...sometimes I'll just write important things in all caps so people can read it :p

I want that book. Hey hey, maybe you could type it up in a word document and email it to me!

Did you google? Its all over!

There is a science to graphoanalysis but there is also a lot of bunkum. Mostly it indicates very general things, like a suggestion of gender, age, mood, and if your native written tongue is different. Of course it is very important in detecting forgeries or counterfeits. As to evaluating a person, it is nice to have control samples to compare to. But based on one sample you can't tell all that much about a person, imo. I have three styles of handwriting I can use equally easily, one of them very flowery and ornate with big loops, with hints of copperplate, (but never with :heart:'s or 's over the i or j); the second missing the roundness and all heavily slanted, the third I use to write quickly that is basically a scrawl, with letterforms incomplete.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 18-Feb-2008 at 08:27.

I found a book about this once, it looked pretty interesting but I didn't have any money on me

And I've always wanted to have my handwriting analysed, because a friend once told me I had the handwriting of a serial killer... which made me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    I want that book. Hey hey, maybe you could type it up in a word document and email it to me!

Did you google? Its all over!
    Maybe.. but durn, that would take a LONG time! The book is like 300 pages long.. including all the messages and such..

And I've always wanted to have my handwriting analysed, because a friend once told me I had the handwriting of a serial killer... which made me worried.
    That's not good..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack26 View Post
    Things like graphology are mostly used to build a profile. Having a certain type of handwriting does not mean that you will someday become a mass murderer. It's probably quite accurate, but it is by no means an exact science. Some guys have girl's handwriting. Some non-doctor people have a doctor's handwriting. There are many other things used to build a profile. So don't worry about it!

Why are you worried? Surely it should be the people around you that should be worried?

You can find the book on Google Books or something and you can read the scans online.

Nevermind, it's just a few pages.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 17-Feb-2008 at 18:41.

Peachy

I used to have a female handwriting all the way through early high school. Maybe that should make me worried too?!

On the other hand, your handwriting depends on how much time and effort you put into it. A quick scribble on a piece of paper during a class is different from writing an important letter to - say - your crush or your last will.

Peachy