Thread: Cardfight!! Vanguard

Default Cardfight!! Vanguard

So, I got dragged into a new card game about a week or so ago; one so good I actually went and spent cash on certain cards for a deck I wanted to build. I think I've only ever done that with Magic.

Anyone else here Cardfight?

I've been considering getting into Cardfight Vangard for a while now, mainly because I've heard it's similar in it's play style to Weiss Schwarz, another card game made by the same company Bushiroad.

Is it any fun?

I think if I added another TCG to my collecting habits my caretaker would make me sleep outside.

Still.. it's fun is it? How much fun is it to make decks, do the cards lend themselves for tons of variation on strategy or is everything really contained in archetypes?

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyPoniTaku View Post
    I've been considering getting into Cardfight Vangard for a while now, mainly because I've heard it's similar in it's play style to Weiss Schwarz, another card game made by the same company Bushiroad.

Is it any fun?
    It's loads of fun; it has enough of a luck element to where it's not annoying, and when good or bad things occur people actually react, because it can get really intense.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I think if I added another TCG to my collecting habits my caretaker would make me sleep outside.

Still.. it's fun is it? How much fun is it to make decks, do the cards lend themselves for tons of variation on strategy or is everything really contained in archetypes?
    Deck making does have some basic rules to it (4 of every card in your deck max, 50 card decks), but it's generally speaking fun. Some clans (kind of like archetypes, but not exactly) don't have a huge amount of support yet, so they're limited (Narukami for example) but others (Royal Paladins/Gold Paladins especially) have a lot of variation and you can make crazy decks. It's pretty fun : o

Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    It's loads of fun; it has enough of a luck element to where it's not annoying, and when good or bad things occur people actually react, because it can get really intense
    Yeah, Weiss Schwarz is kinda like that too, except the cards are more focused on Animes and characters from said Animes, so I might pick up some Vanguard for something a bit different, because why not? :3

Ive been playing Pokemon TCG since Fossil. I often see the Vanguard people around, i will say far more respectful to other people in the store than the yugioh players. That is of course a broad generalization, but it must be an intense game from what ive seen.