Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping

Default Sleeping

Has anyone slept until early afternoon? It happened to me today. its 10:45pm where I am. I am not sleepy at all..

I have always had an interesting relationship with sleep. I've always been able to sleep late. But after a few years of working late, I'm even more of a night person. So, yes..I often sleep until early afternoon, and also from time to time sleep til late afternoon.. hehe..

When I can, I sleep all what I want, it'd be 12 hours, sometimes more... But (what I don't like) lot of times I can't... Job can't wait.

If I'd be with some girl, is preety marwellous. Hate sleep alone.

PaddedPuppy

No, thats just wrong. I have a set sleep pattern of 11PM to 4:30AM +/- about 10 minutes. I tried to change this for work when they asked me to work 9PM to 3AM (On Christmas eve>Christmas day of all days they could have picked), and I was falling asleep, couldn't stay awake, then went home at the end of the shift and couldn't get to sleep until 11PM the next night, and felt totally dead all that day.

That just depends on what time one goes to sleep I've tried getting up in *late* afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    No, thats just wrong. I have a set sleep pattern of 11PM to 4:30AM +/- about 10 minutes. I tried to change this for work when they asked me to work 9PM to 3AM (On Christmas eve>Christmas day of all days they could have picked), and I was falling asleep, couldn't stay awake, then went home at the end of the shift and couldn't get to sleep until 11PM the next night, and felt totally dead all that day.
    There's no "right" or "wrong" sleep pattern, it's a very subjective thing which really depends on each one's body needs and what is your day schedule, for instance due to my job mine is very flexible and there are days when I get up at 5.30 a.m. as well as days when I go to sleep at that same time! Averagely though I tend to prefer going to sleep late rather than waking up early, although if I go bed early enough even getting out of bed at ungoldly hours is not that bad. I guess I'm lucky my body can switch sleeping times very easily. If left to my own devices, when I have time to do so I tend to sleep around 9 hours (even more if I'm particularly tired), although less than that is still ok provided I don't get just 4/5 hours of sleep for some consecutive nights.

I try to at least get 8 or 9 hours worth of sleep, so if I stay up until 11 PM, I'll sleep until 8 AM. If I have a late-night of 12 or more, I will most likely wake up at either 9 or 10, just so I get the best amount of sleep possible.

My sleep time is normally 9:30pm to 6:30am when my coffee pot starts brewing. I have a hard time staying awake past 10:00pm.
    Ive been in this routine since I retired 9 yrs ago.

I did just today.

Though I went to bed at like 6-7am.. so..
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 31-Mar-2013 at 12:05. Reason: Fixed double post glitch.

My sleep patterns are totally irregular at the moment. Some days I don't go to bed till 2pm the day after I should've gone to bed. Some days I have 4 hours sleep, other days it's over 18 hours. One day I'll get up at 4am, the next 8pm, then the next 2pm. I blame depression and anxiety (and the ridiculous lack of daylight in winter), but I'm getting into a slightly better pattern as the days get longer... :-/

I usually sleep from 12:30-2:00 AM to around 8:30-9:30, depending on how much work I need to get done. Occasionally on vacations I would wake up after noon and I have to be honest... I hate it. I feel like the day is just gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    There's no "right" or "wrong" sleep pattern, it's a very subjective thing which really depends on each one's body needs and what is your day schedule, for instance due to my job mine is very flexible and there are days when I get up at 5.30 a.m. as well as days when I go to sleep at that same time! Averagely though I tend to prefer going to sleep late rather than waking up early, although if I go bed early enough even getting out of bed at ungoldly hours is not that bad. I guess I'm lucky my body can switch sleeping times very easily. If left to my own devices, when I have time to do so I tend to sleep around 9 hours (even more if I'm particularly tired), although less than that is still ok provided I don't get just 4/5 hours of sleep for some consecutive nights.
    Well... some sleep patterns are not ideal. We do have a Circadian rhythm that is best adhered to. People on nightshift jobs or living near the poles commit suicide at much higher rates.