Thread: Family trips

Default Family trips

So tomorrow my mom and I are heading to the other side of the state to visit family, and this will be the first time I take my binky with me and keep it hidden from everyone. Any tips or tricks on how to do so?

I suggest you keep it in a "non-see-through box" with the rest of your belongings. Unless you have very nosy family members that should be more then enough to keep it hidden while not in use.

do you have a case or something you keep it if not i suggest keeping it in a box or possibly hidden under clothes or something

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I suggest not taking it. $0.02
    Ehh, if it's his thing, then why not? For me, pacis don't do much. They just complete the package, and when I have everything else (diapers, onesie, teddy), then I love having my paci. But having just the paci for me doesn't do much. Although, I know some people who when they have their paci, that's when they feel really little. For some people, it gives them that 'little' feeling more than diapers do.

Plus it's small enough to fit in your pocket, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Plus it's small enough to fit in your pocket, so why not?
    Of baby things, I'd say the pacifier is the best thing to take. However the mere fact the OP felt the need to make a thread for advice on how to hide a paci should tell you it's maybe not as straight forward as it may seem. It's not really relevant how much it's his 'thing' or not, nobody's saying 'pshaw, well, that's not as good as diapers'.

Hiding it in the room presents issues: presumably this won't be his house, so it'll need to be with his things. There's all kinds of ways that could go wrong, from snoopy little cousins to well-meaning mothers. If he puts in his pocket, he'll have to carry it on his person everywhere, hope it never falls out... If he has to get changed at any point it'll need to be sneakily hidden somewhere. Plus actually using it will always carry a big risk of being caught: what's he going to do, slink off to his room alone to suck his pacifier? Wait until people fall asleep? Eh... to me, it wouldn't be worth the risk.

keep it in your pocket or attached with a clip to the clothes you wear closest to your body.
    I made a little soft bag for my paci, it keeps the paci clean in the pocket (which contains keys, cellphone and random stuff that I find interesting for the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    Of baby things, I'd say the pacifier is the best thing to take. However the mere fact the OP felt the need to make a thread for advice on how to hide a paci should tell you it's maybe not as straight forward as it may seem. It's not really relevant how much it's his 'thing' or not, nobody's saying 'pshaw, well, that's not as good as diapers'.

Hiding it in the room presents issues: presumably this won't be his house, so it'll need to be with his things. There's all kinds of ways that could go wrong, from snoopy little cousins to well-meaning mothers. If he puts in his pocket, he'll have to carry it on his person everywhere, hope it never falls out... If he has to get changed at any point it'll need to be sneakily hidden somewhere. Plus actually using it will always carry a big risk of being caught: what's he going to do, slink off to his room alone to suck his pacifier? Wait until people fall asleep? Eh... to me, it wouldn't be worth the risk.
    I dunno, I just gon't see it being that big of a risk. I mean, sure, there definitely is a risk involved, but I'm sure he can find somewhere in the house to put it so that it's safe. The top shelf of a closet, for example, would be a place where family members probably wouldn't snoop, and little cousins wouldn't be able to reach.