Thread: Who here like 80's/90's house music?

Default Who here like 80's/90's house music?

I'm listening to Rozalla's Everybody's Free (to feel good)currently. I like the music for the beats (sure the lyrics can be cheesy, but they're fun.)

What about you guys?

Nah... not at all.

I never could "stomach" any of that house stuff...

Yeah -- I remember driving around in the summer in the early-to-mid '90s when those kinda tracks were in the charts and playing on the radio all the time.

The Rozalla track is a bit pop for me, but it brings back happy memories. Remember any of these house classics:

Where Love Lives - Alison Limerick
    Move Your Body - Marshall Jefferson (or the version by Xpansions)
    Promised Land - Joe Smooth
    Voodoo Ray - A Guy Called Gerald
    Going Back To My Roots - FPI Project
    Gypsy Woman - Crystal Waters

Loads more that I can't remember, of course!

I don't mind it. I'm pretty into 80s synth stuff, so it's sort of in the same arena. The closest my standard listening gets to house music though is New Order.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I don't mind it. I'm pretty into 80s synth stuff, so it's sort of in the same arena. The closest my standard listening gets to house music though is New Order.
    I also like synthpop. Have you ever heard of the synthpop group Electronic? They had a hit called Getting Away With It. It came out in 1990.

Nothing beats late '80s/'90s dance and house music! It feels amazing every time I listen to those tracks, even more so when I discover new ones I didn't know of like the one you mentioned by Electronic!

(I also love the videos, with tons of analogic special effects! xD)

Quote Originally Posted by GN90 View Post
    I also like synthpop. Have you ever heard of the synthpop group Electronic? They had a hit called Getting Away With It. It came out in 1990.
    Oh yeah, I've heard of them. I know that song and Disappointed, another hit of theirs from that time. Their lead singer in a lot of their songs (including the one you mentioned) is Bernard Sumner, who is also the lead singer for New Order, so there are definitely ties between them. It was a mixture of New Order, The Smiths, and the Pet Shop Boys, who are all bands that would rank among the top of my list of favorite 80s groups. (The Smiths a bit less-so because they weren't as synth-oriented, and I'm a sucker for synth )

Astra

I'm more of a 90s trance fan, but a lot of old house stuff is good too. Most house tracks have cheesy lyrics that kill the replay value for me... it's the kind of thing where it's real fun to hear in a club but I don't listen to it casually.