Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: beer time

Default beer time

I have had a really long day. I found out that I have a separated shoulder. I think its beer time!

While I always fear telling people this because it makes me sound like an addict, I've found two ibuprofin and a shot of vodka to be the most effective way to treat muscle/joint pain without a prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    While I always fear telling people this because it makes me sound like an addict, I've found two ibuprofin and a shot of vodka to be the most effective way to treat muscle/joint pain without a prescription.
    Isn't that kinda damaging?

Beer time? Huzzah I love this thread already!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box
    isn't that kinda damaging?
    More or less, though not as bad as acetaminophen. Though I prefer 3 shots bourbon and rubbing alcohol, or just the bourbon frankly.

I don't think it's as bad to mix alcohol with ibuprofen as it is to mix it with some other painkillers... I still wouldn't do it. Drinking alcohol when you've taken any anti-inflammatory medication could cause stomach issues. Probably not so long that you don't do it frequently.

I'm not feeling any pain atm, but I did just indulge in a couple cans of Miller High Life. I love me some High Life!

Corona's always awesome too, but a bit on the expensive side.

and considering I'm on the verge of being underweight and don't have to watch my calorie count, I will not under any circumstances (except for a night of beer pong where I paid for nothing) drink light beers. Tastes like water to me!

PBR's pretty good, and shock top is great if someone's willing to spend the money on it. But High Life is my drink!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Beer time? Huzzah I love this thread already!
    You and me both

No beer for me, as I'm not 21 until july, but I have a feeling that is going to change at FCN 2013, which is 2 weeks from today. I'm carpooling with some friends so I wont have to worry about being sober on the way home. I will probably end up with a bad hangover as Ive never drank before and my body isnt used to it.

I'll take a Scotch & water... hold the water.

I.. hope that helps?

I tend to find a delicious treat or small present is how I prefer to take the edge off a particularly bad day. We all have our own methods though. Just drink responsibly!

I hope your shoulder is okay though..