Thread: Who remembers SURGE Soda? Help us bring it back! (It's going to happen)

Default Who remembers SURGE Soda? Help us bring it back! (It's going to happen)

There is an extremely active movement emerging to bring back SURGE soda from when we were kids!

https://www.facebook.com/surgemovement

Do you remember SURGE? If you fall in the age range of 18-34, you'll probably remember it as the coolest soda ever discontinued in human history.

Just about a week ago, this page had 700 less likes. SURGE fans still seem to be everywhere even though the Internet was hardly around when it was discontinued. This movement is going through great lengths to bring this soda back. For instance, they recently campaigned for a $4,000 billboard that they placed just a half mile down from the Coca-Cola headquarters:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...000.1364536670

Every day there seem to be an update. It's hard to get through to corporate, but with enough numbers, it might happen!

I'm excited to see where it goes!

Also, share your memories about SURGE here! It would be interesting to hear how many remember it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	531549_340970449345928_1609159786_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	16523  

We did a facebook thing in Norway about it a few years ago, and.. even got the 1,5 liter bottles back.. hehe.. mmm.. Urge..

I remember Surge back in the 90s. I also remember the news reporting some horror stories of kids dying or going crazy because of the high caffeine in it. They also say the same thing about energy drinks nowadays. I don't believe in all that. Nonetheless, as much as I like Surge, I don't think Coca-Cola will bring it back.

Speaking of Surge, does anyone remember Vault?

I drank it all the time just based on the princeaple of it having more sugar then coke or pepsi. It was like 55 grams of sugar in a 12 oz can.

Also there was Surge slushies or icee's.

Really wish I could get Sno-Bawls. which is slurepee but with Bawls.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Reminds me of Stan and Francine's quest to bring back Mr. Pibb.
    at least pibb Xtra tastes extremely similar to mr.pibb. and can still be found in some mc'ds. Surge is gone though, gone forever.

Hmmm... an "extremely active movement", large billboard advertisements, and a couple of years after the same thing happened in a different territory...

I'd be 99% sure this is just the Coke marketing department trying to drum up a fanbase before relaunching their product. It's good PR. People will think that "Coke has listened to them" and will be more brand-loyal. Plus, this kind of advertising gets more market penetration because some people don't realise it's just advertising...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hmmm... an "extremely active movement", large billboard advertisements, and a couple of years after the same thing happened in a different territory...

I'd be 99% sure this is just the Coke marketing department trying to drum up a fanbase before relaunching their product. It's good PR. People will think that "Coke has listened to them" and will be more brand-loyal. Plus, this kind of advertising gets more market penetration because some people don't realise it's just advertising...
    You might be right buy I've missed Surge and Vault though the 2nd of which I drank far less.