Thread: Changing Times Diaper Company CTDC

Default Changing Times Diaper Company CTDC

Hello!

Saturday I received my "In Control" cloth prefold diapers from Changing Times Diaper Company, only two days after I placed my order! Wow! That was fast!

For those of you into cloth, I have to tell you that this is the highest quality garment I've ever worn! Soooo soft and comfortable. The construction, materials, and sewing are simply top notch. I just can't say enough about this terrific product!

Obagink

tell us more about the experience I.e give us a review and include points about value and how thick they are. value is what leads most to switch to cloth.

Hear, hear! The Changing Times diapers are my favorites. Not only are they well-made and comfy, but they're also built just like the baby kind -- folded sides, colored serging and all. And they're less expensive than many alternatives.

I received my latest order of diapers from them just last week but haven't prepped them yet. This weekend, perhaps!

I Agreed, I also like the diapers from Changing times Diaper Co.

I have yet to try cloth mostly because of my generation but also because I have been afraid I'd do something wrong and end up in wet pants. I looked at the site and like what I see. I especially like her description of the night time diaper and how its designed to ensure no leaks through a 12 hr night but that the trade off is the michellin man waddle. oh yes. I have to have. I'd rather waddle than leak during the night or day.

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    I have yet to try cloth mostly because of my generation but also because I have been afraid I'd do something wrong and end up in wet pants. I looked at the site and like what I see. I especially like her description of the night time diaper and how its designed to ensure no leaks through a 12 hr night but that the trade off is the michellin man waddle. oh yes. I have to have. I'd rather waddle than leak during the night or day.
    You probably will make tons of mistakes along the way, but if you keep trying you'll find out what works. For me, it took me a year to figure out cloths aren't worth it public-wise, so it's best I keep them for home only. I have a contour I've never used yet (and probably won't) and a few other abdl things I bought over the year while trying different combinations for cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    just last week but haven't prepped them yet.
    I'd be very interested if you'd be kind enough to share you "prep" process!

Changing Times is a first-rate outfit. Outstanding products, outstanding service, fair prices. They've been my sole supplier for plastic pants for many years. The pants are well made (in design, materials and workmanship), durable and comfortable.

One pair came with a small gap in the waist elastic. It was fine to use, but since they seem to care about quality, I called them just to let them know. I told them I was OK with it and that they shouldn't replace it or give me a credit. They sent a replacement the same day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Obagink View Post
    I'd be very interested if you'd be kind enough to share you "prep" process!
    I run them through five full wash/dry cycles. At least with my high-efficiency washer/dryer set, this seems to be what it takes to get them fully shrunk.

Default didn't do the quote thing right

Originally posted by Waslost 1234abc: I have yet to try cloth mostly because of my generation but also because I have been afraid I'd do something wrong and end up in wet pants....

There are two simple tricks to avoiding leaks with cloth and plastic pants. First, you have to figure out how much cloth diaper you need. You need enough to soak up all your pee. The cool thing with cloth is that it wicks meaning that as your diaper becomes wetter the wetness will migrate to a dry area of your diaper. Once you are totally saturated however, you will get some leaking. This will require some experimentation. For example, I use one CTDC medium diaper for all night. So long as I do not have an excessive amount to drink during the evening, this is usually just enough. Last night, however, I wet one too many times and had a small leak (not enough to change the sheets). You can double diaper, or use smaller diapers like a regular baby diaper as stuffers to fine tune the capacity.

The second trick is to make absolutely sure all the cloth is encased in your plastic pants. If it isn't, the wetness will wick from diaper to bedding. I have a 32" waist and wear a medium size diaper from CTDC. For night time, I wear either the high waisted medium or a large size plastic pant. Probably because of my well developed and firm thighs (I'm an avid cyclist) the large pant is a more comfortable fit. Medium pants are fine for day use. The point is do not under your plastic pants.

I highly recommend Changing Times Diaper Company. Great products at reasonable prices and outstanding service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    Hi waslost1234abc, see my post below regarding getting cloth diapers right. I didn't do the quote thing right in my first attempt. Hey I checked out your website briefly. Looks very nice. Your story, while sad, is inspiring. Will have to get back to it and explore further.
    Last edited by Babybike2; 28-Mar-2013 at 22:39. Reason: Make it clear I'm quoting someone