Thread: hi

Default hi

not much to say im an Australian DL granted this is a good site but I disagree heavily with me being pretty much forced to write this to use the site feels more like im being forced to join the community first I get a massive yellow box that I put up with but then I lose all access to the forums for not posting just seems a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by saix View Post
    not much to say im an Australian DL granted this is a good site but I disagree heavily with me being pretty much forced to write this to use the site feels more like im being forced to join the community first I get a massive yellow box that I put up with but then I lose all access to the forums for not posting just seems a bit harsh
    I'm really sorry that was the case, because that's not the great way to welcome you.. I am happy you joined and introduced yourself though because we could always use another amazing member. So still, welcome to ADISC! We want to encourage you to post if you have something that might help someone else out, and to know that if you ever need a little help yourself a wonderful group of members would love to talk to you.

Still, I'm sorry you felt as if you were being pressured into the situation. The last thing I want to do is any of that sort of thing, so although I really am curious about things like.. what your hobbies are, how you first got interested in diapers, please don't feel like you HAVE to answer. It just would be wonderful to get to know you. I can certainly offer the same information, I like to play video games and enjoy lots of science fiction.. and I first got interested in diapers through seeing myself as a bit of a little girl rather then a full grown woman. Lots of things come from that, and I guess my interest eventually lead towards diapers because of it too.

I hope that you continue to find reasons to find this site good, and manage to have some fun while you are here saix. Please let us know if you are curious about anything or have any questions, we'll do our best to answer.

Adisc is the kind of place that is not only totally ok with that first post but takes what you have to say entirely seriously (btw I am not staff or speaking in any "official" capacity on Adisc's behalf, I am a member such as yourself... just been here a bit longer.

I can tell you, with certainty, that Adisc's policies and design are deliberate, and are the product of much thought, discussion, planning and experience by the mods and admins. Many feel - as you do - that one ought to be allowed to "cruise" the database as a ghost unconditionally, and forever.

But I bet a big part of why you come to this site isn't just its subject matter; there are other diaper sites... it's the fact that Adisc isn't stagnant. Forcing you to write something as an introduction - even the thing you did write - is still a contribution. It is the price you paid to enjoy a thing that otherwise remains free.

Nominally free. You don't have to pay in the coin of the realm to use Adisc (though voluntary donations are gratefully accepted) or watch an advertising video (as you do on the "free" Youtube) or suffer the intrusive and visually displeasing static ads on Daily Diapers.

In latter days, what with useful sites like wiki, IMDB, Facebook seeming entirely free, we've got a bit spoilt and to expect something for nothing. Once upon a time, email was something one paid for with cash, you know...

Thank-you for making the post you did make, your opinion has been noted and was of value, more than something like
    or

(Why did I just type all that to a member who may well never read the replies in his own intro thread? Why, for everyone else of course )

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Raccoon; 27-Mar-2013 at 23:46.

I understand the reasoning behind the system to me it just seems like it would to simple one word messages followed by the person not replying but nobody wants to hear me complain anymore so ill leave it at that.
    Thanks for the welcome to those that are interested i read classical literature, game and watch anime a lot i also have an interest in cars im a total shut in for the most part which doesnt change much either.
    As for my interest in this it started when i was about 12 or 13 but i have no real idea what caused it i just know its part of me.
    Sorry for the awful typing im doing this on an ipod and im suffering from a rather bad cold feel free to ask me anything