Thread: Modern joan of arc would think this person was crazy

Default Modern joan of arc would think this person was crazy

I'm watch Joan of arcadia TV series and what want know if girl like her came to you said she talk to god would think she crazy. Like a lot of people thought Joan of arc was crazy during her time.

I mean my option I could not think it crazy because is a lot people have had through out history hear god voice tell them what to do.

What all your option toward modern Joan of arc person.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbearboy View Post
    I'm watch Joan of arcadia TV series and what want know if girl like her came to you said she talk to god would think she crazy. Like a lot of people thought Joan of arc was crazy during her time.

I mean my option I could not think it crazy because is a lot people have had through out history hear god voice tell them what to do.

What all your option toward modern Joan of arc person.
    I've often thought the same thing Poohbearboy. Sadly, we would think the was as crazy as a mad hatter, but we know through history that Joan of Arc was an amazing person, and one has to wonder if God Himself wasn't involved in her tragic destiny. Life is almost always boring and predictable, but every once in a while, the miraculous happens, and then we wonder.

This is a very good question.

Personally, I have my own internalized conversations with what I perceive to be 'God'. I could very well be schizophrenic. Who knows for sure?

That being said, because I'm become much more in tune with my faith, I don't take spiritual stories with as much grain of salt as I used to. Does that mean I accept them as divine mandate? Not at all.

I believe in God, but only because I believe God is a part of all of us individually. That being said, what he tells us each individually doesn't pertain whatsoever to others and trying to convey how you feel about God is definitely irrelevant to how another feels about God.

That is precisely why I don't belong to an organized religion. Who do people think they are to tell me what God wants for me? They do not understand my relationship with God, and I do not understand their relationship with God. So as long as they do not force their views on me, I do not force my views on them.

But I also believe that for anyone who says that they wholeheartedly believe in God, but not his ability to communicate with people, I would question whether they believe in God to believe in Him, or if they believe in Him because they were raised being told that they have to believe in Him.

Default Re: Modern joan of arc would think this person was crazy

If joan of arc was to pop up on the present, I think she would have a different destiny, looking at other religios leaders, profets, chosen ones and stuff, im sure she would eventually have her own following, and i doubt she'd end up killed, althoug, the extent of what she could achieve, i do not know owo

Personally I'd REALLY THINK that such a person is complete nuts.
    sorry... but I'm not religious and hell, religious or not, hearing "voices that tell you what to do" is simply a serious mental disorder.

I'm an odd Agnostic. I believe that I just don't KNOW, and have no possible way of knowing all the possible ways we could have come to this world and the nature of the world itself. I accept my human limitations to just not know, or the fact that I don't have the personal experiences to give me strong faith.

That being said I LOVE the concept of faith, and believing in something. I actually really love to be around Christians and talk to them. So if someone came to me and said they felt they have literally spoken to God, I wouldn't really be full of doubts. My mind is always racing with all the possibilities, and I would think.. and have before, "They truly believe this is what has happened, and that's enough for me."

Do I actually believe it myself.. no but I find it hard to believe in anything. That includes the belief that it's impossible, I refuse to believe that God couldn't exist and couldn't be talking to people as well. I'm somewhere in the middle, and in the end.. if they believe it, then I will always treat the person as if they are telling the truth. To them, it completely is and their experiences are worth my respect and ear.

I think people hearing voices are hallucinating. In less educated times it might have been misunderstood as some kind of communication with dark forces, witchcraft, ghosts or deities, but these days we understand psychology a little better. All sorts of people have been convinced that they have spoken to gods or demons but often their prophesies are shown to be false or the messages that the gods deliver contradict each other... or the messages they hear simply verify their own beliefs (as if the individual is seeking a way to justify their arbitrary choices by having them validated by "the voices").

There are a couple of short articles on this topic here:
    Hearing Voices | Rational Dreaming
    Religious people are psychotic (in a good way)