Thread: want to try reusables

Default want to try reusables

I am thinking about switching to a cloth all in one diaper at least for night and off days and will still use disposables for work and while out with friends. So what is a good all in one to start with i definately want an all in one style as i dont have the patience for pins and all i used to see a post on ebay with an all in one starter kit that included 3 all in one diapers some plastic pants and a few disposable liners but cant find that now also i dont know anything brand wise what a fair price is or even what size to order because with disposables some i wear a medium most a large and even a few in xl any advice on this matter is very appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    I am thinking about switching to a cloth all in one diaper at least for night and off days and will still use disposables for work and while out with friends. So what is a good all in one to start with i definately want an all in one style as i dont have the patience for pins and all i used to see a post on ebay with an all in one starter kit that included 3 all in one diapers some plastic pants and a few disposable liners but cant find that now also i dont know anything brand wise what a fair price is or even what size to order because with disposables some i wear a medium most a large and even a few in xl any advice on this matter is very appreciated
    Here's a link to get you started. all in one adult baby cloth diapers I have 8 of these diapers which I wear one everyday during the day. I'm retired so I can
    wear just about anytime I want. You will need to wear plastic pants with these diapers as the outer cover does get damp. I've also worn mine overnight
    with a stuffer and they work real well. These diapers have a PUL liner so they can be dryed on medium heat in a dryer. The more their washed the
    better the absorbtion gets. When first starting to wear them I reccomend using a stuffer all the time. For a detergent I use Arm & Hammer with Oxi
    Clean. Don't use fabric softner or dryer sheets with these diapers.

The only draw back for cloth diapers. It best to wash almost daily or the urine smell can be pretty bad after a few days. It also depends on what you eat and drink might enhance the smell of the cloth diapers.

Cloth diaper will feel more 'wet' when you use them and will be much harder to conceal due to the smell if you dont wash them daily.
    If you still want to get some I would suggest trying BabyKins. Personally I don't see the point as 'All in ones' since you generally need to wear plastic pants with them anyways, and they are more expensive. There are even some fairly cheap ones available on eBay with free shipping from a chinese brand called FuuBuu. They are decent for the price

I love using cloth its a money saver and they are more comfortable for me. And for plastic pants I really like FUUBUU they are a little thicker plastic
    but feel so nice and soft I got 9 pair at the first of the year and love them. I would like to hear from others who have had more experience with them.

I love my AIO diapers. I have two from the other big seller on EBAY Angelsbest223. I wear mostly for comfort and security at night so do not wet normally so one will last me a week.

I use cloth diapers, a diaper pale and plastic bags is what I use to cut smell out.

Pro Tip - Another one of my uses for NaHCO3(Sodium Bicarbonate[Baking Soda]). If you can't wash immediately, coat the thing in baking soda, this will reduce smell drastically.(And acts as a bit of a washing booster, if you wash it with the baking soda still there)