Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena order

Default Abena order

I just placed my order online from agecomfort which is Canada based. Hope I will get it in two days since Toronto is not far away from Montreal.

I ordered a case of M4.

These are the plastic-backed version, according to the site description.
    Is it good?

Default Re: Abena order

Quote Originally Posted by joyfm View Post
    These are the plastic-backed version, according to the site description.
    Is it good?
    They are OK but it seems that the company keeps deteriorating the product more and more to save money and they keep making their product worse. It seems like they used to last a good while but now its just seeming like nothing special as they used to be.

They removed the waistband, the capacity has been diminished, the plastic covering is weak, and ever since I tried them, their tapes always had problems. They think that the trend for cloth backed has to go across their entire product line.

I actually think that they are trying to run people away from the plastic backed version so people would have to pay the extra money for the cloth like. Ever since they made that decision to go all cloth backed people complained and they just kept making the plastic backed ones worse and worse.

They are a good diaper, no where as good as it used to be though. They need to rerun their capacity tests because they seem not to hold near the amount they used to.

Next time go for Bambinos they are great and they actually try to retain customers by keeping quality products.

Dunno if it's your first order from them or if it will even matter, but just be aware that they do send flyers via snail mail. I got a flyer and my mom actually picked it up, right out loud she says "Age Comfort? Why is this addressed to you?". Heh, freaked me out a little. Anyways, I emailed them and asked to be taken off the mailing list. No problems since.

Best deal on Abenas in Canada though...

For f***'s sake. Abena keep insisting that the plastic-backed ones have been completely discontinued. I thought XP Medical in the US had come up with some special secret behind-the-scenes way to keep Abena supplying them exclusively. But now I hear that they're available from another company in another country too!

Why on earth won't Abena sell them to the UK market?!

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    They are OK but it seems that the company keeps deteriorating the product more and more to save money and they keep making their product worse. It seems like they used to last a good while but now its just seeming like nothing special as they used to be.

They removed the waistband, the capacity has been diminished, the plastic covering is weak, and ever since I tried them, their tapes always had problems. They think that the trend for cloth backed has to go across their entire product line.

I actually think that they are trying to run people away from the plastic backed version so people would have to pay the extra money for the cloth like. Ever since they made that decision to go all cloth backed people complained and they just kept making the plastic backed ones worse and worse.

They are a good diaper, no where as good as it used to be though. They need to rerun their capacity tests because they seem not to hold near the amount they used to.

Next time go for Bambinos they are great and they actually try to retain customers by keeping quality products.

I'm just finishing my last case from age comfrot (yay for $60/case special again!) and I can't say this is my experience with Abena M4's at all.

I'm wearing one right now. There is still a waistband at the back (there was never one on the front) and the plastic is pretty thick. It holds A LOT and the only issue with tapes is when you put them on, that's it. Trying to re-do them will rip the plastic unless you use the white tabs.

anyways, I've got to order myself another case now

Default Abena order

Quote Originally Posted by joyfm View Post
    I just placed my order online from agecomfort which is Canada based. Hope I will get it in two days since Toronto is not far away from Montreal.

I ordered a case of M4.
    Just an FYI, there is an Abena distributor based in Montreal (B4NS).

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Just an FYI, there is an Abena distributor based in Montreal (B4NS).
    I checked their price. B4NS asks for (Can$ 84.90) for a case of M4. Much expensive than Age Comfort.

Yeah B4NS is crazy expensive.. A case of bambinos from them is >$100 last I checked, and their Abenas are like $25 more expensive than AgeComfort