Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I order a custom snowsuit?

Default Where can I order a custom snowsuit?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to order a custom made snowsuit, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where might be a good place to ask about having it made?

My first thought had been Privatina, seen as they already offer snowsuits. However two emails and about 3 weeks later and I haven't heard a peep out of them, so I guess they're not interested!

Default Where can I order a custom snowsuit?

I'd be interested in this too. I love wearing a thick snowsuit with my diapers. I feel so childish. I used to have the old London Fog snow bibs, loved them until I outgrew them.

I couldn't find anywhere for you. What type of customisation are you after? You could buy a plain suit and get some iron on or sew on motifs from ebay or any place that sells sewing supplies. You should be able to find lots of childish ones if that is what you're after.

Hi Treacle,

Thanks for looking
    Actually, I'm looking to have a replica of a kids snowsuit made, specifically this one;

Kids - Outdoor Suit | Popupshop

I did ask the firm that sold the original if they made them in adult sizes, as they seemed to be a smaller, boutique manufacturer, but unfortunately not

I know of this site, 40 BELOW GEAR they do custom (sized/thickness) down jackets, pants and suits, with an assortment of colors, and styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
    Hi Treacle,

Thanks for looking
    Actually, I'm looking to have a replica of a kids snowsuit made, specifically this one;

Kids - Outdoor Suit | Popupshop

I did ask the firm that sold the original if they made them in adult sizes, as they seemed to be a smaller, boutique manufacturer, but unfortunately not
    I'm sorry I don't know a custom snowsuit maker. I just had to comment on the link. That kid looked like he was wishing he was anyplace but there. It's unusual to see an unenthusiastic model. I hope the rest of his day went better.

Parkasite offers custom made down clothing of all kind, they also make snowsuits. Unfortunately, all their suit prices are "on request", but if you are genuinely interested, why not try writing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
    I'm looking to order a custom made snowsuit, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where might be a good place to ask about having it made?
    depends upon what kind and level of customization you're talking about.
    the pic in the link reminds me of garments supplied for work (coldstore, outside, etc) in it's muted colours and simplicity. of course, you'll have to shop around to find the 'right' kind for you (just had a rummage and many of the garments seem to be going toward a corporate/'elf 'n' seefdee look). as such garments are pretty cheap, though, it may be an idea to buy as basic a one as you can and adapt it to suit.

another way may be to keep an eye on your local ski-wear shops for the ex-rental clothing.

if you're after ankle and wrist elasticated cuffs, like,
    Attachment 16599
    you can buy these from the smaller haberdashers and knitting shops (usually, the kind where they don't take kindly to men 'sticking their noses in'). there's a huge variety of colours and patterns.

Default suits

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    depends upon what kind and level of customization you're talking about.
    the pic in the link reminds me of garments supplied for work (coldstore, outside, etc) in it's muted colours and simplicity. of course, you'll have to shop around to find the 'right' kind for you (just had a rummage and many of the garments seem to be going toward a corporate/'elf 'n' seefdee look). as such garments are pretty cheap, though, it may be an idea to buy as basic a one as you can and adapt it to suit.

another way may be to keep an eye on your local ski-wear shops for the ex-rental clothing.

if you're after ankle and wrist elasticated cuffs, like,
    Attachment 16599
    you can buy these from the smaller haberdashers and knitting shops (usually, the kind where they don't take kindly to men 'sticking their noses in'). there's a huge variety of colours and patterns.
    try these Deprecated Browser Error selk bags usa . com
    Last edited by babybennie; 07-Apr-2013 at 15:01. Reason: url error