Thread: M-4 Abenas going down hill again!

Default M-4 Abenas going down hill again!

I opened a pack of M-4s from the case that recently arrived and all seemed good, plastic backed and all but they didn't fit right. Changing out the next morning I noticed there is no rear waistband elastic! CRAP! now their almost as bad as the Air-Plus. At least their still plastic but I doubt I'll buy another case again.

my problem with abena L4 is that it seemed like my pee would seep threw the front of the diaper after awhile like the plastic had tiny pin holes in it

Though I wear cloth, the problems with Abenas makes me wonder. I have to assume that the majority of diapers produced are for the incontinent population, and they must be just as unhappy with the product as those from our corner of the world. I'm sure Abena must be hearing a lot of complaints from the majority of their customer base. Many complaints usually results in either an improved, corrected product, or a company going out of business.

Default Re: M-4 Abenas going down hill again!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Though I wear cloth, the problems with Abenas makes me wonder. I have to assume that the majority of diapers produced are for the incontinent population, and they must be just as unhappy with the product as those from our corner of the world. I'm sure Abena must be hearing a lot of complaints from the majority of their customer base. Many complaints usually results in either an improved, corrected product, or a company going out of business.
    They fixed something that didn't need to be fixed. They are trying to increase profits rather than what the population wants. The waistband is what made the diaper fit better. Another thing that annoys me is that Abena has always had taping problems and they have never really fixed that. There was no price drop that they have made, but they continue to make their products worse and cheaper. It saddens me because I used to be a loyal fan.

Anyone else notice that the capacity has diminished some?

I guess I'll stick to Bambino for now on, they are the only ones who seem to make a great diaper these days. Not only do they read complaints, they make the necessary improvements to keep customers happy and coming back for more.

I always just thought it was my imagination but I have definitely noticed that capacity varies between bags of M4's. I remember the M4s from first bag I every got fit terribly and actually leaked quite a bit. Recently I have had some that were great but it definitely seems to be going downhill again. Unfortunately Bambinos and other brands are way too expensive..

Pfft... At least you can still get plastic-backed Abenas.

But yeah -- it seems like every case of every diaper I've ever bought has been different to the case before. Thinner plastic, a different type of plastic, different tapes, more SAP, whatever. Just when you think you've found a great diaper everything changes. I'm sick of relying on the whims of manufacturers and product designers. Sigh... They must be taking the p***.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with the tapes on the Abenas, though...

I wish I'd stuck with cloth diapers -- that was what I had when I was a kid and what I wanted to try as a teen/adult. It was only because disposables didn't need to be sneakily laundered that I tried them and got hooked.

That's the problem with disposables... They're addictive and you don't know what you're getting. You ask your dealer for Abenas and end up with cloth-backed crack. Seriously, Abena should do the decent thing and open rehab centres for diaperholics struggling to cope with the transition away from plastic-backing. Bob Geldof could do a tribute concert or something...

It's changing time. There's no need to be afraid.
    At changing time, we use some wipes and we cuddle -- yay!

But in our world of ABs, we should spread a smile of joy!
    Wrap the diaper round your waist at changing time.

(Jesus. This is what my brain does when I wake up at 6am...)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    That's the problem with disposables... They're addictive and you don't know what you're getting. You ask your dealer for Abenas and end up with cloth-backed crack. Seriously, Abena should do the decent thing and open rehab centres for diaperholics struggling to cope with the transition away from plastic-backing. Bob Geldof could do a tribute concert or something...

It's changing time. There's no need to be afraid.
    At changing time, we use some wipes and we cuddle -- yay!

But in our world of ABs, we should spread a smile of joy!
    Wrap the diaper round your waist at changing time.

(Jesus. This is what my brain does when I wake up at 6am...)
    I was just taking a sip of a late-nite beverage when reading this... I am now wiping down my keyboard. Too funny!

Contact your seller. Perhaps they'll stand by their product. In the past XP Medical has made good on faulty diapers for me. No harm in asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Acceptance View Post
    I always just thought it was my imagination but I have definitely noticed that capacity varies between bags of M4's. I remember the M4s from first bag I every got fit terribly and actually leaked quite a bit. Recently I have had some that were great but it definitely seems to be going downhill again. Unfortunately Bambinos and other brands are way too expensive..
    If you buy by the case with Bambinos, it's about the same price as Abena M4. A case of 42 M4s is about $60 at the cheapest, while a case of 48 Teddys is $67. That's $1.42 per M4 vs. $1.40 per Teddy.

Default Re: M-4 Abenas going down hill again!

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    If you buy by the case with Bambinos, it's about the same price as Abena M4. A case of 42 M4s is about $60 at the cheapest, while a case of 48 Teddys is $67. That's $1.42 per M4 vs. $1.40 per Teddy.
    I keep saying this when people say Bambinos are too expensive.

To add on, while 16 teddies costs $35 bucks, you don't see the price of shipping added. When you buy a pack of 14 M4s its $19.99 plus shipping. Which might turn out to be $30.

Bambino makes it cheaper to buy per case so they can sell more and not have to purchase additional packaging supplies.

Bambinos are a bit cheaper than Abena as stated above in case purchases. Bambinos definitely have better diapers as well.

Bambino is a win vs Abena.