Thread: You go away for a few years and they change everything.

Default You go away for a few years and they change everything.

Well, thought I'd pop back in to see how this site is doing after going away for nearly 4 years save one brief thread appearance. Imagine my surprise. Peachy banned, no under 18s, and 40+ year old guys everywhere. Seriously, what happened to this place? I joined back when it was TBDL.org, and I was a 16 year old looking for emotional support with regards to my infantilism. This site clearly isn't meant for that sort of thing anymore. I hope the people in situations like mine was back then are able to get the emotional support they need elsewhere.

I'll probably lurk for a bit, looking around in wonder, thinking "What is this place?" Any helpful answers would be appreciated.

Well just wait a few years and you will be one of those old guys.I was a teen once too that had nothing or no one to talk too about my pamper thing so most of us hind our secret want of wearing diapers there was no internet back then. Saddens me the negative way us older person's are looked at. But we are you in time.
    Probably lived with this a long time longer then you have.. I,m a little at hart alway's will be. Welcome back.
    Last edited by foxkits; 24-Mar-2013 at 10:13. Reason: tablet problems

I have to say that this place is still a place for support, and still.. I think the main active users are withing ages 18-29. Still there is nothing inherently wrong or scary about someone over the age of 30.. and just having those people around doesn't make this any less of a supportive and wonderful site. In fact having people with some more years under their belt just means they have a little more experience and I value their wisdom highly. I also think we can just as good friends as someone who is my own age, and have made friends in their 40's and 50's happily.

The things that happened did not happen lightly. They were unfortunate but serious decisions that had to be made, and we wait every day to welcome our wonderful friends that happened to be banned because of the change. Just recently I lost someone I thought was great to the age limitation, but I understand it. I hope he shows back around soon.

ADISC is still a PG-13 content site dedicated towards supporting people whose life has been troubled by being an AB/DL/or IC. It's still a great place to talk about not just that stuff, but the other things in the world that matter to us. I honestly do not think this site has changed as drastically as people might claim. I think it's still the same site, it's just missing some friends who will be with us soon.

That being said, I hope that those under the age of 18 get support, as they need it too. Still, you don't suddenly not need support anymore once you hit the age of 18.

(Sorry if the tone of my post is harsh, I just love this place too much. It's wonderful, I get all maternal and defend it very strongly. xD)
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 28-Mar-2013 at 10:23.

I remember you. (/me salutes the colonel.)

Quote Originally Posted by BromeTeks View Post
    Peachy banned, no under 18s
    These are radical changes. Radical changes do not occur on Adisc randomly, nor without a great deal of thought, discussion, or (I ween) a great deal of soul-searching. In this respect Adisc hasn't changed at all.

40+ year old guys everywhere.
    For one thing they always were... the disappearance of younglings just makes the remaining oldlings more obvious... For another, Adisc has been around long enough now (adding on the time it spent as TBDL) for minors to turn into adults...

Seriously, what happened to this place?

I joined back when it was TBDL.org,
    so did I

I was a 16 year old looking for emotional support with regards to my infantilism. This site clearly isn't meant for that sort of thing anymore. I hope the people in situations like mine was back then are able to get the emotional support they need elsewhere.
    How do you figure? Can you please point out any evidence that Adisc does not offer emotional support? I too miss the site being available to minors. I would give anything to have had an Adisc when I was young... and I feel for today's dl and tb youth. I also hope there is somewhere SAFE, supportive, informative and fun where they can go. I was away a few months and came back recently and discovered those same changes... I have reason to believe the changes you mentioned were not done lightly, or without reason, and its a safe guess to suppose they were prompted by legal advice.

I'll probably lurk for a bit, looking around in wonder, thinking "What is this place?" Any helpful answers would be appreciated.
    And lurk you should - no, you should do more than lurk... 18+ people need emotional support too. Their parents STILL don't understand and wonder where they went wrong... Only now it's their wives who need comfort and help making sense of it all.

Some of those 40 year olds are not ab or dl BUT THEY DO HAVE KIDS WHO ARE and need a friendly ear, a shoulder to cry on (or just to cling to for support) and advice from the ones who have firsthand knowledge, who've been there...

So yeah. Do lurk. And do participate: and if you abandon ship we will be poorer for that but we'll get by...

Change is part of evolution. Adisc has aways been in flux, has always been evolving...

Whatever Adisc's incidental role might be in a case of its being used to facilitate pedophiles meeting minors, it being involved AT ALL could imperil its existence, or at the very least cause serious headaches for the staff... technical, legal, financial and ethical headaches. Especially as it is easy to see how an outsider COULD view it as a fetish site for minors... however far from the truth that view would be, in reality.

The mind boggles at the difficulties involved with making and running any sort of support site for underaged people with any issues concerning their sexuality or gender identity. Caesar's wife must not only be beyond reproach but must BE SEEN to be beyond reproach... by a suspicious public ready at any moment to jump to conclusions, so often the wrong ones.

I grant you that Adisc is more imperfect than it used to be. It may be only as perfect as it CAN be, in the real world. All we can now do is make the most of what we have. If what we have is no further use to you, that makes me sad, but if it can't be helped, que sera sera.

I am glad you came back, even if it turns out to only have been to say goodbye.

Then the busy years went rushing by us
    We lost our starry notions on the way
    If by chance I see you in the forums
    We'll smile at one another and we'll say

Those were the days my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose...
    Last edited by Raccoon; 28-Mar-2013 at 05:33.

If any thing changes at a rapid rate, it would be internet sites. Given that assumption, ADISC still manages to remain relatively constant with the exception of losing our younger members. In regards to that, Moo was concerned about a legal backlash from irate parents when they discovered their kids on this site. Every other site has an 18 year age limit, so it was just a matter of time before the legal limits caught up with us.

I must confess that I greatly miss our younger members, and I enjoyed being there for them, but I understand Moo's decision. As Gigglemuffins and Raccoon said, we still are a viable support group. Support happens in many ways. For me, my wife is on a dialysis machine and has had some reoccurring foot problems. Just having my friends on this site helps me get through a long and tiring day. I appreciate that.

Thanks Dogboy, point well made. Adisc is the platform by which we meet the people who, having gained their interest and then their willingness to be supportive, as a friend, counselor, chaplain or other able party. ADISC still works as a support site: the proof is in the pudding

Hi Brometeks

Speaking as one of the older guys, new to the website, I have found immense support to get an understanding of my love for, addiction to, diapers. I have found comfort and a meditative relaxation from a very stressful job by coming home, diapering up and relaxing all control. The site is split into DL and ABDL and perhaps was more aligned to the latter in it's early years.
    I, in fact, initially found some discomfort in the presence of young people but now appreciate that we are all escaping the stresses of different stages of our life.
    This is a support site to allow us to analyse our motivation and to accept our selves, in addition to the wealth of advice to us newbies on diaper choice, safe sources and going out in public.
    I hope you stick around, the community needs all views, but would be interested in the reason behind your discomforture with the presence of the 40+'s

Countdown

You don't have to look further than the quality of most threads and members to see that this place has gradually gone down the shitter in the past 4 years... Welcome back?

Welcome back...and Countdown, if you don't like this site, why are you here?