Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why So Many ABDL Guys Want To Be Pretty Princesses

Default Why So Many ABDL Guys Want To Be Pretty Princesses

In my limited experience browsing the posts on various online ABDL forums and blogs, I've noticed many females in the community are puzzled by the amount of "sissies" and cross dressing that guys in this community tend to do. After thinking it over, I've come up with several reasons that could explain the prevalence of this phenomena. As a disclaimer, I am not a sissie, though I am a young male dl. Please feel free to call me out on any bias or misconceptions I may have.

First, and most obvious, is that in our culture (right or wrong) femininity and feminine beauty are associated with innocence. On the other hand, masculinity is associated with ruggedness, and definitely not cuteness. ABDL males may be uncomfortable reconciling the fact that they are men yet have a diaper fetish or enjoy pretending to be an infant. As a result, they take up the identity of a female, since the supposed attributes of this gender feel more appropriate when paired with their fetish.

Secondly, diapers are cushie (no pun intended). Or to put things bluntly, they can make guys' junk uncomfortable. I can speak form experience when I say they can make a full erection impossible (while having the diaper on). This can be sexually frustrating for DL guys. It could be fair to say we're jealous of female abdl's; I know I am. The mature female body is just molded more properly for diapers than the male is. This can lead to us having a strong desire to be female, since then we would actually be able to have sexual gratification while still wearing the diaper. Crossdressing/giving ourselves a feminine appearance is as close as we can get without going the whole nine yards with a sex change.

Last, let's face it, most straight abdl guys fantasize about females in diapers. If we aren't fortunate enough to see that in reality, we could always dress up as a chick in a diaper and use our imagination right? I feel like this is probably a motivation for many sissies.

Now I realize these reasons do not really cover gay or bi sissies, but they're motivation may be more obvious. I hope this may have provided some insight for any puzzled female abdl's. Feel free to leave comments, questions, and ideas of your own.

There most certainly has been many topics about this. I'm surprised this didn't end up in the sissy forum, seems to fit that place a tad bit more.

I certainly think that another big part of why many to be sissies, rather then straight up just having the constant feelings of feeling like you are female that leads towards being a sissy is just the obvious humiliation stuff. People that can enjoy, in a sexual way, the humiliation factor of being an adult wearing a diaper and using it.. well, if you are man, wearing girly clothes and doing it is just the next best step. It's even more humiliating and embarrassing.

That being said, I find the entire thing a tad.. odd. I don't mean to argue too much with the first segment, because I have felt these feelings but.. all children are considered innocent, not just girls. So this seems like DL thing only, because if you are a little boy then you are just as innocent and "cute" as a little girl. That being said, men are also attributed with emotional immaturity more then females too, and it's less acceptable to be "young and immature" as a woman then a man. In our day an age, it's considered a pretty common male trait these days. Now, if you are a grown man or grown woman just wearing diapers, without getting lost in the fantasy of actually regressing in age.. then the innocence thing makes more sense sure. Though I would argue like I did in an another thread that once a woman becomes a woman, and not a teenage girl, acting all cute and innocent is at least heavily frowned upon by other females.. even if men still find it attractive. Also these days, innocence is becoming less of a desirable trait in grown women in my personal opinion.

Also, when it comes to finding wearing diapers in general, of course genetic women have some bonuses.. but it's because of that "cushie uncomfortableness" that leads just wearing them to be a more common interest in men. This is just my own personal seeing and looking, but I tend to find that women if they find it sexy need some "larger" reason then just it touching their skin. They need mental reasons, their kinks tend to all be centered around them, and more often I find genetic girls tend to lean more towards the AB side of things in general. Because of that cushie uncomfortableness, just wearing diapers can be a sexual thing. Without any extra thoughts or emotions tied into it.

Also I disagree with this notion that a woman could really receive proper.. in one. No real way to get at that area in a way that will actually give those types of feelings well without ripping, tearing, or stretching a diaper.. which is going to completely ruin it. Not saying it's impossible, but I personally think it's just as.. hard as receiving male pleasure just in a different way. Sure a woman can get interested without any problem, but they can't really carry through with that "interest" as easy.

Just some thoughts.

Thread moved to sissy forum. It's clearly where it belongs.
    Good post though.

First, thanks for sharing your ideas. Sissies/LGs are a very diverse group with a lot of different motivations for why they do what they do, so your ideas will be true for some, but not for all. I think you've raised some good points, overall, but they won't hold for all of us.

First, and most obvious, is that in our culture (right or wrong) femininity and feminine beauty are associated with innocence. On the other hand, masculinity is associated with ruggedness, and definitely not cuteness. ABDL males may be uncomfortable reconciling the fact that they are men yet have a diaper fetish or enjoy pretending to be an infant. As a result, they take up the identity of a female, since the supposed attributes of this gender feel more appropriate when paired with their fetish.
    I'd expand on this line of reasoning by saying that girls, generally, have more freedom to express their emotions. Men face the stereotype of being rugged, strong, and rational. And trying to be like that all the time isn't healthy. I grew up in a school environment where my sensitivity got me bullied, and I went through a long period of hiding my feelings (which has continued somewhat into adulthood, unfortunately). For little girls, it's OK to have a range of emotions and express them. And someone will be there to take care of you. That's a big draw for me.

Emotions play a very important role in this identity for LGs. For many of us, being girly isn't a sexual thing, but an emotional one - it's more like being an AB than being a DL.

But overall, I agree with your reasoning that being a girl seems more natural to me when I go little. Girls do have that permission to be little, in our idealized visions of childhood. And I think it carries over into the emotional domain as well.

Secondly, diapers are cushie (no pun intended). Or to put things bluntly, they can make guys' junk uncomfortable. I can speak form experience when I say they can make a full erection impossible (while having the diaper on). This can be sexually frustrating for DL guys. It could be fair to say we're jealous of female abdl's; I know I am. The mature female body is just molded more properly for diapers than the male is. This can lead to us having a strong desire to be female, since then we would actually be able to have sexual gratification while still wearing the diaper. Crossdressing/giving ourselves a feminine appearance is as close as we can get without going the whole nine yards with a sex change.
    I can't say this is true for me. I do have a diaper fetish, but I keep that part of myself separate from being an LG. This is because I don't feel right sexualizing my little side. I can't be in a sexual mood and a little mood at the same time. Now, I think it's possible to mix cross-dressing and diapers in a sexual way, but I don't. And I don't think genitalia really play a huge role here. Identifying as an LG isn't about external parts for me, but about entering a state of mind. I know I'm physically a guy and that's not going to change, but when I regress, that doesn't matter; I'm a girl in my mind, and enjoy feeling little and safe. Others may agree with this part of your theory, and I give you credit for having a unique idea, but it's not true for me.

Overall, I don't think it's possible to generalize why we like to be pretty princesses (well, besides the pretty dresses, but who wouldn't love those?:p) Someone else may come along and give responses completely different from mine. But I do appreciate your trying to understand us instead of just calling us weird.

My interests in diapers and cross-dressing both came up around puberty, but I didn't really put them together until I discovered the ABDL community as a young adult. Then I realized they went together nicely. The reasons why there are sissies and LGs are still poorly defined, but only by discussing them together will we ever come to any answers. And hearing peoples' stories is always fun.

Hope my thoughts helped, and thanks for the interesting post!

Quote Originally Posted by nirvanaddict18 View Post
    I don't have time to respond to the full topic, but I did want to make a quick clarification on this. Unless I am completely crazy, most male DLs do find "sexual gratification while wearing diapers." In fact, the large amount of contact between the diaper and the male genitalia is one of the best explanations for why there are so many more male ABDLs than females.

As far as the rest of the topic, I think there are a lot factors including greater innocence, cuteness, and humiliation. Just as with ABDL in general, the root cause varies from person to person.

While there may be something to the innocence/ envy angles, I've always just liked the look and feel of pretty shoes and clothes. Especially when it comes to tights and pantyhose, I reckon it's part of the autism to want pressure on my skin

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Especially when it comes to tights and pantyhose, I reckon it's part of the autism to want pressure on my skin
    That's a very valid point. I too have the desire for deep, firm pressure. It's actually part of Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) known specifically as proprioceptive seeking, and since most people with autism also have SPD, it's pretty easy to associate the two as one in the same. I blame at least a small part of my interest in diapers on that, since it's comforting to know that something is taped around me and will be holding me snug. I haven't tried tights or pantyhose before, but well, I wouldn't be too shocked if I wasn't uncomfortable physically with them.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    That's a very valid point. I too have the desire for deep, firm pressure. It's actually part of Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) known specifically as proprioceptive seeking, and since most people with autism also have SPD, it's pretty easy to associate the two as one in the same. I blame at least a small part of my interest in diapers on that, since it's comforting to know that something is taped around me and will be holding me snug. I haven't tried tights or pantyhose before, but well, I wouldn't be too shocked if I wasn't uncomfortable physically with them.
    I frequently wear leggings under my 'guy' clothes during the day and I find it helps me feel a bit more 'me'. Not to stray off the original topic but that might work for others who need the skin pressure but have to appear 'socially acceptable' in public

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I frequently wear leggings under my 'guy' clothes during the day and I find it helps me feel a bit more 'me'. Not to stray off the original topic but that might work for others who need the skin pressure but have to appear 'socially acceptable' in public
    As do I, and it ranges from cuteness (I know it's there), compression/tactile, soft and colorful body-warmers, and it helps very much to hold, but not over compress a wet diaper...and pretty much what you said...

Leggins, are also useful for socks that wont slide down ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nirvanaddict18 View Post
    Last, let's face it, most straight abdl guys fantasize about females in diapers. If we aren't fortunate enough to see that in reality, we could always dress up as a chick in a diaper and use our imagination right? I feel like this is probably a motivation for many sissies.
    Perhaps this is the case for some margin of the population; perhaps this is even the case for you. However, by and large wanting a woman and wanting to be a woman are very different things in people's minds. I mean, straight non-ABDL men like women by definition, but there are only a handful of them who are also into cross dressing. Most straight males are given to see cross dressing as a kind betrayal of their gender rather than an opportunity to fulfill sexual desires. Most would probably prefer simply to imagine a female lover rather than imagining themselves female. If the percentage of straight ABDL men who are into cross dressing is significantly different from its corresponding figure in the general straight male population, as you suggest, there must be something additional producing this phenomenon.