Thread: Case Mods

Default Case Mods

Well, we have all seen em' Those bastards at LAN parties with the distracting ass CCFLs that flash every time theres an explosion, that guy with that strange looking robot thats actually a gaming machine, the guy who's acrylic case looks like it was raped by a gay pride festival...
    I'm one of them... As a visual artist I cannot get enough of seeing other folks's case mods. I like modding myself. I haven't done any hard mods such as quiet modding, or dremmeling out a window. I have however done a fair bit of work with sound activation, and air brushing for a friend. And with my current build I am also installing a few sound activated CCFLs... Im trying not to overdo it, but I want to turn my friends heads when they don't expect my case to light up like Las Vagas every time the drummer hits the floor bass.

I have seen some very beautiful mods, some hideous.
    This one being my favorite:
    http://www.techepics.com/files/doom3_case.jpg

What do my other ADISC geeks like?

My old case had a mod. The face was shattered because my dad kicked it in a drunken rage. lol

Quick question, does most everyone have a cool looking case? Becuase your nerdage isn't complete without a good looking case, plain, 1 color case, no stuff on it? That is crap. Man up.

StefanHasDiapees

Mr. Alex, your avatar just... creeps me out sooooooo badly. What in great jeebley crap is that picture from !? Laughing and cringing in fright at the same time makes my sinsuses go haywire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    Quick question, does most everyone have a cool looking case? Becuase your nerdage isn't complete without a good looking case, plain, 1 color case, no stuff on it? That is crap. Man up.
    It cant have looks to match performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    Currently I've only got a MacBook which is white and gray. I could always mod it into something like this if I had the time and skill someday:

http://www.wired.com/images/slideshow/2007/06/gallery_steampunk/steampunkLaptop1.jpg

http://www.gazeta.lv/images/steampunkLaptop2.jpg