Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Rock Climbing...diapered...?

  1. #1

    Default Rock Climbing...diapered...?

    Just recently, I got the awesome opportunity to have almost unrestricted access to a really cool indoor climbing joint near here. My first time there, I was in a sort of intro class where an intructor was giving a small group of us some basic info about climbing safety.

    At one point, when he was discussing falls off the rock wall while bouldering (climbing w/o ropes) and the instructor explained that during a fall, its better to land butt-first than on, say, your neck/spine. His specific words were "Basically, think of your bottom as padding for the more important stuff".

    After he said this, a girl in the group standing next to me whsipered *something* to a her climbing partner about diapers, after which the two started to laugh hysterically. While whatever she said was obviously meant as a joke, it did get me thinking...

    Would being padded while rock climbing actually be doable? Would the additional padding really make a difference during the many falls that are a part of bouldering?

    Does anyone have any experience trying such a thing?

  2. #2

    Default

    A diaper would certainly provide some extra padding. However, if you're hurt, are you prepared to have medical personnel discover that you're wearing a diaper and ask you why. Maybe telling them that you wear a diaper for the extra padding would satisfy them, but I'm not sure.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'd say it's not a good idea with a climbing harness. You want a harness as tight as you can take it so it doesn't slip around. Not so much that you risk it slipping off completely and catastrophically but you don't want it shifting and literally crushing the life out of your junk or even literally exploding a testitical in the whip of a fall.

    You will eventually fall in a really awkward way and you'll want those straps glued to your crotch, adding a diaper as padding in between doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

    Bouldering though.. have at it!

    Skiing on the other hand is the perfect activity for the adventurous diaper sportsman.

  4. #4

    Default

    So the birds on the ground don't have to worry about human droppings

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    You will eventually fall in a really awkward way and you'll want those straps glued to your crotch, adding a diaper as padding in between doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
    So fun story. The first day I ever decided to pad up for school was the unannounced first day of our rock-climbing unit in gym. So on top of the already unplanned changing of gym clothes without everyone noticing, I also didn't account for the harness completely smothering my crotch. I'm pretty sure I heard some girl talk about my bulge, though I'm not sure if that was my junk or a diaper she was talking about.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Would the additional padding really make a difference during the many falls that are a part of bouldering?
    Nope, considering that even a pillow doesn't even help all that much from a rollerblading fall, the amount of give from the diaper material just isn't there. The way you land is much much more important than any kind of padding you're wearing. The only think that a diaper might help out with is to spread the impact if you landed on a small rock, but that would probably also tear/puncture/stretch the diaper to the point where you'd have an actual leak and bits of SAP potentially spilling out.

    And as someone who's done judo for a few years, it's my opinion that while "fall on your butt because its more padded" isn't the worst advice possible, it ranks pretty high up there. Ideally on a flat surface you want to spread the impact out as much as possible, not concentrate it all into a single area.

  7. #7

    Default

    Well, if you fall and release so to speak, you'll at least have protection of some sort :P

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    I'd say it's not a good idea with a climbing harness. You want a harness as tight as you can take it so it doesn't slip around. Not so much that you risk it slipping off completely and catastrophically but you don't want it shifting and literally crushing the life out of your junk or even literally exploding a testitical in the whip of a fall.

    You will eventually fall in a really awkward way and you'll want those straps glued to your crotch, adding a diaper as padding in between doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

    Bouldering though.. have at it!

    Skiing on the other hand is the perfect activity for the adventurous diaper sportsman.
    I completely forgot to mention this but...at first, we're ONLY going to be bouldering, and top roping after that. Also, when it comes to falls, there *may* be some sort of "crash pad' that is placed under you to fall on on particularly crazy climbing routes. Obviously the paying customers get priority when it comes to gear :P. For the first time around the only actual equipment we'll be using is climbing shoes and chalk. No harnesses at first (for the bouldering).

    My spotting partner, interestingly, is more than likely to a good friend of mine who semi-sort of knows about the diapers. She's not big on rock climbing herself, but she does love the outdoors, and promised to come along this weekend since she lives nearby the climbing place.

  9. #9

    Default

    Those harnesses make it look like your wearing a diaper anyway, so why not? Althogh there is a good chance your waistline will be exposed while reaching for a rock...

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    Those harnesses make it look like your wearing a diaper anyway, so why not? Althogh there is a good chance your waistline will be exposed while reaching for a rock...
    Unless it's a beautiful day out and tons of other climbers come out, being seen by others *hopefully* shouldn't be a problem. My spotter/belayer friend that's coming along might be able to se at some point since she's gonna be more or less looking at me for most of the time. But honestly, if she did notice it wouldn't really be a big deal. She's more likely to laugh about it or think it's cute/funny than to really care about a thing like that. Like I said before, she already knows somewhat from a previous...incident. So no big deal.

Similar Threads

  1. Diapered Teen or Diapered Adult
    By funseeker in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-Feb-2012, 05:37
  2. Climbing trees
    By Phobos in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-Apr-2011, 16:47
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood -- Hilarious saying while climbing
    By AnalogRTO in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-Dec-2010, 01:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.