Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my urine smells

Default my urine smells

Is that a bad thing? Sorry was just curious
    Last edited by zackiepooh1992; 22-Mar-2013 at 20:47.

It may have to do with a specific food you ate (like asparagus) (has it smelled for several days or just recently?) or you could be dehydrated. If it doesn't seem to be anything you ate and continues to smell when you know you are sufficiently hydrated (try drinking more water), then it may be an issue you want checked out.

This thread made me laugh, but then i thought -hey this guy might need advice- so fair enough. Yes do take into account all the things NeverKnow has said, dehydration could be the one..

and also dont be too quick to blame yourself. I had a similar problem before, everytime i would pee in the toilet it would really stink - so off down the clinic i went. They detected no problems and said i was healthy. I then found out that our odd reclusive housemate was OCD about wasting water and would never flush a number 1. This was very gross but explained the problem - it was never anything to do with me. (oh and by the way the housemate has now moved out)

As this is a diaper forum maybe your issue is different but thought id contribute and try to help.

ps sorry if too much information

Smells.. like what? I mean.. part of me wants to that just being smelly doesn't give me much to go on. I think to someone other then some AB/DL's that have found the scent enjoyable overtime.. most people find urine smells in general just stinky. So it just being stinky doesn't seem odd to me, which makes me wanna say it's totally fine. I just guess part of me think this must be a unique smell.. but I'm really not sure what to make of that.

If you think there is something wrong you might need to explain what's "unique" about this situation. Like what it smells like... though I feel a tad embarrassed for asking more information about this topic..

Though in general as people have touched upon, what goes into you is the biggest factor that effects what.. is coming out. Any change in how your body is digesting and riding itself of the harmful stuff is going to be primary caused by a change in diet.

Now excuse me as I go try to cool down my warm and very blushy cheeks, this conversation is being intensely embarrassing to me for some reason.

Default Re: my urine smells

If it smells a bit fishy then you possibly have an infection in your urinary tract.

If it is also a darker yellow than very pale and watery yellow you are possibly dehydrated, you COULD be on meds that colour your pee though.

If it just smells stronger than usual, it is possibly dehydration too.

There are perfectly normal reasons why your pee smells too, like eating certain foods can cause your pee to smell.

Sugar puffs can make your pee smell, as can Cheerios, it is strange because after eating these cereals, your pee can smell just like those cereals! Heheh, some vegetables can cause a stronger smell in your pee too, in fact there are lots of foods that can cause your pee to smell differently.

Give us more information to work on and we can give better answers :-)

sorry about the little details i did not add i don't really drink water i drink alot of diet soda and regular soda juice and well for my eating lets just say that fruit and vegetables are not part of it

If you eat a ballanced diet and drink plenty of water, your urine should not smell anything most of the time. Unless you wear a cloth diaper or breathable diaper for an extended period of time, then yeah, it will smell a bit.

If your urine has a foul odour, then your diet need to be checked. Diet soda is bad. Worst than regular soda. Juices are almost as bad. Soda are made from corn sirup, wich is a LOT of rafined sugar. Useless glucose in your blood. Not to mention dark soda, like Coke or Pepsi, that will increase your chances of getting colon cancer by 70% in you get more than 1 bottle a day.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    If you eat a ballanced diet and drink plenty of water, your urine should not smell anything most of the time. Unless you wear a cloth diaper or breathable diaper for an extended period of time, then yeah, it will smell a bit.

If your urine has a foul odour, then your diet need to be checked. Diet soda is bad. Worst than regular soda. Juices are almost as bad. Soda are made from corn sirup, wich is a LOT of rafined sugar. Useless glucose in your blood. Not to mention dark soda, like Coke or Pepsi, that will increase your chances of getting colon cancer by 70% in you get more than 1 bottle a day.
    How is diet soda bad if it has no sugar in it?

OK, well there's your problem. Soda is very very concentrated. Your body needs water - not just liquids, but pure water. Other stuff floating around in it lowers its capacity to "take in" your body's other wastes (we get rid of nitrogenous wastes, which are protein products, in our urine), which means that when you pee, there is going to be a lot more "stuff" in it - and it's going to smell more.

Some beverages, like coffee and some sodas, are so concentrated that they will basically pull water out of your cells through osmosis (whereas if you drink water, the concentration inside your cells is much greater than the water, so water goes into your cells). They are not contributing to your hydration.

I would suggest that you drink more water. If you have a can of soda, try to balance it out by having a glass of water afterward. This will help your urine's smell. It's also healthier to maintain a state of hydration anyway (and drinking water immediately after drinking soda will be better for your teeth).

Diet soda is bad in a few ways. Well, regular soda has lots of high fructose corn syrup in it, which is really sweet and makes you to crave sugar. Diet soda has aspartame instead of corn syrup / sugar, which tastes like sugar but does not actually satisfy your body's desire for sugar, so you continue to crave it. I believe there have been studies that people who drink diet sodas often have a higher caloric intake throughout the rest of the day because the diet soda makes them crave sugar more. Aspartame may also be bad for your liver. As it pertains to the original topic, diet soda will still dehydrate you because there is a lot of "stuff" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    OK, well there's your problem. Soda is very very concentrated. Your body needs water - not just liquids, but pure water. Other stuff floating around in it lowers its capacity to "take in" your body's other wastes (we get rid of nitrogenous wastes, which are protein products, in our urine), which means that when you pee, there is going to be a lot more "stuff" in it - and it's going to smell more.

Some beverages, like coffee and some sodas, are so concentrated that they will basically pull water out of your cells through osmosis (whereas if you drink water, the concentration inside your cells is much greater than the water, so water goes into your cells). They are not contributing to your hydration.

I would suggest that you drink more water. If you have a can of soda, try to balance it out by having a glass of water afterward. This will help your urine's smell. It's also healthier to maintain a state of hydration anyway (and drinking water immediately after drinking soda will be better for your teeth).

Diet soda is bad in a few ways. Well, regular soda has lots of high fructose corn syrup in it, which is really sweet and makes you to crave sugar. Diet soda has aspartame instead of corn syrup / sugar, which tastes like sugar but does not actually satisfy your body's desire for sugar, so you continue to crave it. I believe there have been studies that people who drink diet sodas often have a higher caloric intake throughout the rest of the day because the diet soda makes them crave sugar more. Aspartame may also be bad for your liver. As it pertains to the original topic, diet soda will still dehydrate you because there is a lot of "stuff" in it.
    When i say this i mean it i love your facts that you have gave me 100 percent thank you for your help!!!