Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First-time ordering recommendations?

Default First-time ordering recommendations?

I feel I'm at the point where I'm ready to order something online though I'd rather keep it at about $20-30 just to get my feet wet. I'm not looking at any particular brands though I'd love to try Tenas. At this point I'm only out for a good value for the small quantity I can safely order - I'm totally aware that quantity yields a heavy discount but a huge order now would screw up my finances AND I'd have nowhere to put them. That being said, what are the best and worst of brands and sellers in your experiences?

If you're US based, everyone on the forum (including me) consistently has good experience with XP Medical.

Molicare, Abena, and Dry24/7 are the big 3 premium brands. A pack of mediums is in the $20-30 range for the most part. You can't really go wrong with any of those three, so what brand really depends on what you're looking for exactly and how well that brand fits your specific body type. XP Medical sells sample packs (2-3 diapers) for $6 each, so you could easily try out a few different kinds that way for <$30.

I agree with XP Medical. You could also try HDIS they carry Tenas along with other brands.

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I feel I'm at the point where I'm ready to order something online though I'd rather keep it at about $20-30 just to get my feet wet. I'm not looking at any particular brands though I'd love to try Tenas. At this point I'm only out for a good value for the small quantity I can safely order - I'm totally aware that quantity yields a heavy discount but a huge order now would screw up my finances AND I'd have nowhere to put them. That being said, what are the best and worst of brands and sellers in your experiences?
    One thing to keep in mind is that Tenas sold in the U.S. are different from Tenas sold in Europe. The European version is white and has a plastic cover, while the American version is green and has a cloth-like cover. Amazon and HDIS.com both sell the American Tenas, but IMO they aren't as good as the European Tenas. If you want to buy those, the only place I know of that sells them in the U.S. is Bambinodiapers.com, and their prices are relatively high.

As the others have said, XP Medical is a good choice. They have Dry 24/7, Abena, and Molicare, which are all well-liked brands.

I'd get some plastic-backed Abenas from XP Medical while you still can (although, having tried the best, everything after that might feel like a disappointment)...

Thanx all, I do have my eye toward Tranquility ATNs and something called Nu-fit. Any experience with either of those? I'd hate to order the Nu-fit and have it turn out to be the same thing as the junk I can get off any store shelf. XP Medical would be great if I didn't have family here that never leave. I see sample packs on Ebay that fit the bill but dang pricey, but still. I may have to scope out old-time pharmacies in my area after all. Ironic since the house right next door is a type of elderly care facility. I don't think it would work to put my name and that address. Pfft

Default Re: First-time ordering recommendations?

Nu-fit is exactly that, garbage. They aren't much fun at all. Tranquility ATN on the other hand is a good diaper. While not having the capacity of premiums, they still hold more than stuff you can buy at a store.

Have you considered a UPS store to have it delivered to? Don't risk it being delivered to a place on purpose at the wrong address, you may not get to see it. You can have anything shipped there except the USPS unless you have a mailbox there. You don't need a mailbox for UPS and FedEx carried deliveries. There's a $5 fee but its worth the peace of mind when it comes to falling in to the wrong hands.

XP also sells the premium diapers that we usually get like Abena.

Tena's can be a *tad* pricy, but that's only from my experience. They're awesome though, probably my favorite diaper so far, and I've been doing this off and on for 7 years.

If you haven't done it yet, you should measure your hips and waist with a sewing style measuring tape. I've found that it really sucks when you buy a whole package of diapers and then realize they don't fit just right. I had this problem a few times because I am right in the middle between Medium and Large in lots of brands.

When it comes to sizing the dimension to use is the larger of the two.

I just got done with this process. Turns out I really like the Abena Abri-Form's but it all came down to fit when I compared them to Molicare Super Plus and the Wellness Brief. All good diapers but they all fit a little different which is important or you might get leaks.

XP Medical - Adult Diaper Sizing Guide

Name:  waisthip.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  8.3 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tape_measure.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	16463

XP Medical would be great if I didn't have family here that never leave. I see sample packs on Ebay that fit the bill but dang pricey, but still.
    If you'd be fine ordering from ebay, then you should have no problem with XP. Their shipping is discreet by default, the package just says "XP" in the from field. I've ordered from them a few times while living with the rest of my family and had no problems, order some other stuff from amazon or something if you want to hide the package amongst other packages ("oh that must be the other half of the stuff I ordered, I think one of the items shipped from someone with an amazon storefront and not actually amazon itself").

Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    I just got done with this process. Turns out I really like the Abena Abri-Form's but it all came down to fit when I compared them to Molicare Super Plus and the Wellness Brief. All good diapers but they all fit a little different which is important or you might get leaks.

XP Medical - Adult Diaper Sizing Guide

Name:  waisthip.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  8.3 KB
    I always laugh a little at that picture, because I have exactly 32 inch hips/28 inch waist and molicares fit nothing like what's shown there. For mediums the tapes are almost touching at the waist and I have to angle the bottom ones down along the leg gathers. With the smalls, the tapes are closer to like in the picture but the entire diaper rides like super low cut underwear and doesn't even cover my hips.

That said, molicares are currently the best fitting medium out of all the medium diapers I've tried.