Thread: Any EVE Online pilots(players) here?

Default Any EVE Online pilots(players) here?

I mentioned this game in my introduction earlier and since there's isn't a thread about it... Here it is:

Any EVE Online pilots(players) here?

In the game, Captain Highfield and HMS-Banker Highfield are mine.

Default Re: Any EVE Online pilots(players) here?

I'm a 6 veteran when it comes to EVE.
    Shoot a character named munvayne an in game mail.

I used to play but I have since stopped because of lack of time and a lot of other games to play.

I've started playing about 4 times now over the course of 4 or 5 years... as usual with MMO games, I just got distracted by something else in my life and forgot about it. I like the idea of EVE, I'm just not big on turning my hobby into an unpaid career. I'm sure I'll start playing it again a fifth time though, and get distracted by the Arma3 release or the next Civ V expansion.

eve has definitely been on my list of games that i'd like to play for quite a while now, i just need a better graphics card.

I played it shortly, I really did love the sandboxy nature of it and that it plays in space. Just a shame it's such a boring/time-consuming game - which put me off, next to the monthly costs and not being able to actively steer your ships.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuwhide View Post
    I played it shortly, I really did love the sandboxy nature of it and that it plays in space. Just a shame it's such a boring/time-consuming game - which put me off, next to the monthly costs and not being able to actively steer your ships.
    I did play EVE maybe 3 hours. It was not Elite or Wing Commander game. But I am Waiting for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen to come out. They might not be a MMO. But at least I can control my Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    I did play EVE maybe 3 hours. It was not Elite or Wing Commander game. But I am Waiting for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen to come out. They might not be a MMO. But at least I can control my Ship
    Wing Commander!!!! You Sir, rock! Those were great times..I even don't think Eve is bad at all! Maybe just less complexity and the ability to steer and fight/fly manually. With a perspective similar to WoW, allowing 1st and 3rd person perspectives. <3

Well Star Citizen will be as close to Wing Commander as you are going to get. Elite will be Between Eve and Wing Commander. But on the line of a RPG. Not a MMO game. I think the Universe will be to Big to be a MMO game.