Thread: Stepping Out Of My Big Girl Shoes

Default Stepping Out Of My Big Girl Shoes

I suppose the first thing to say is hello. I'm not entirely sure where to go with this, seeing as how I'm not an extrovert when it comes to my Little, and I tend to read-only, though my adult isn't nearly as shy or soft spoken... I suppose that's normal, though. My main reason for being here is support. I've been living with the AB/DL (GGLG) side of me for quite a long time now (since late childhood), but I had never fully embraced it until about nine months ago. I decided it was time to step out of my "big girl" shoes, as it were. I've only just begun this journey and I'm hoping that this site, among a few others, will help me sort it all out in my mind.

Anyway, I'm here mainly to find support, read about like minded people and find others with similar issues, thoughts, concerns, etc. The world of AB/DL can be very overwhelming at first, so I'm hoping this sort of lifts the fog. My main interests outside of my Little are art, books, music, cooking, and of course my job, being a tattoo artist. I love to write, play games (traditional, video, LARP, table-top, etc.), go to movies, concerts... the usual things. There really isn't a whole lot to say, and I'm not good at talking about myself anyways... so I'll leave you with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkBunnySlippers View Post
    I suppose the first thing to say is hello. I'm not entirely sure where to go with this, seeing as how I'm not an extrovert when it comes to my Little, and I tend to read-only, though my adult isn't nearly as shy or soft spoken... I suppose that's normal, though. My main reason for being here is support. I've been living with the AB/DL (GGLG) side of me for quite a long time now (since late childhood), but I had never fully embraced it until about nine months ago. I decided it was time to step out of my "big girl" shoes, as it were. I've only just begun this journey and I'm hoping that this site, among a few others, will help me sort it all out in my mind.

Anyway, I'm here mainly to find support, read about like minded people and find others with similar issues, thoughts, concerns, etc. The world of AB/DL can be very overwhelming at first, so I'm hoping this sort of lifts the fog. My main interests outside of my Little are art, books, music, cooking, and of course my job, being a tattoo artist. I love to write, play games (traditional, video, LARP, table-top, etc.), go to movies, concerts... the usual things. There really isn't a whole lot to say, and I'm not good at talking about myself anyways... so I'll leave you with all that.
    Hey there PinkBunnySlippers and welcome to ADISC! Your intro was very lovely, and it's so wonderful to have you here. You seem to have the right idea about this site, which is totally ready to support you! If you really need someone to talk to, one of the great things is that you can find it here. You don't even HAVE to need to talk to someone about AB/DL/LG culture.. you can talk about whatever you like! Though, those things are pretty fun!

As a fellow LG, I'm assuming you were saying you toy with that aspect.. I'm curious, what does GG stand for in that? I probably should know this, I just have never encountered that while being here. Helping me out by letting me know, well.. you've already done something awesome. I think it's great that so many different people can come together and help each other out with even the little stuff. When we have tons of different viewpoints, now yours included.. we have more of a chance of truly helping someone as well as have more meaningful discussions!

Your interests are fascinating, and fun enough that I share some of them. Art of course is wonderful, what parts of art did you dabble in? What are your favorite books? I just can't help but be curious about that! How did you get interested and involved in being an artist of tattoos? What sorts of games do you play and things do you write? I think it's neat that you LARP and table-top, two things I've wanted to to but have been unable.

I'm really getting the impression there is a lot more to say, not only involving those questions but how you feel about and got involved in AB/DL culture to begin with, but don't feel pressured to talk if you aren't wanting. The number one thing you need to do is just focus on feeling comfortable, feeling happy and having a good time. I do hope you know that you can talk though, and I would love to listen. Sure a bunch of other people would too.

Have a wonderful membership and enjoy a big hug from me!

Hey ya and welcome!

It's nice to see another little girl here and as GM already said, if you got some questions, just ask!
    I guess, it's always kinda overwhelming at first, there're just way too many interesting things. What's the main part you like about your little self?

Besides, what's your favorite music genre and/or bands? I'm kinda curious about your cooking, you mentioned. What's your favourite orientation (italian, chinese, japanese, traditional, etc) and are there some things you rather order instead of cooking it for yourself?

Anyway, have a lot of fun here, and don't feel shy about anything! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post

As a fellow LG, I'm assuming you were saying you toy with that aspect.. I'm curious, what does GG stand for in that? I probably should know this, I just have never encountered that while being here. Helping me out by letting me know, well.. you've already done something awesome. I think it's great that so many different people can come together and help each other out with even the little stuff. When we have tons of different viewpoints, now yours included.. we have more of a chance of truly helping someone as well as have more meaningful discussions!

Your interests are fascinating, and fun enough that I share some of them. Art of course is wonderful, what parts of art did you dabble in? What are your favorite books? I just can't help but be curious about that! How did you get interested and involved in being an artist of tattoos? What sorts of games do you play and things do you write? I think it's neat that you LARP and table-top, two things I've wanted to to but have been unable.

I'm really getting the impression there is a lot more to say, not only involving those questions but how you feel about and got involved in AB/DL culture to begin with, but don't feel pressured to talk if you aren't wanting. The number one thing you need to do is just focus on feeling comfortable, feeling happy and having a good time. I do hope you know that you can talk though, and I would love to listen. Sure a bunch of other people would too.

Have a wonderful membership and enjoy a big hug from me!
    Hello there! The GG is something I saw when looking at a few other posts, and it just means Genetic Girl- basically, I'm a biological female who is LG as well as AB/DL. My regression is a wide range, anywhere from baby to 10 years old depending on the circumstances and why exactly I am regressing at that time. Sometimes it's just play or simply walking around with my binkie and footies. Other times it's for emotional reasons, and my age is more exact and actions more age appropriate. My situation is rather unique, as I am married (for over 8 years now) to someone who is only accepting of most of the aspects of my lifestyle choice. The toys, games, books, footies, binkies, bottles, nursery/play room... but not with others, such as diapers or caregiving/rp. So while I can express it to a certain degree at home with my partner, the rest is saved for my caregiver (Daddy), who my partner approves of and trusts.

I got involved with the AB/DL/LG side of myself when I met my caregiver, who encouraged me to talk to my partner about it and express that side of me that was wanting so badly to be expressed. I'm so glad that I finally did! I had expressed it before, through purchasing toys, binkies, bottles, a crib etc. (things that my partner is actually into as well), but had never explained why before. My partner likes them because they are comforting, but does not regress or engage in any AB/DL activities or mindsets/rp. So that is where we differ, and that is why they are fine with me having a caregiver to express that with when they are not around. It also helps that I do not wish to have a female caregiver, and my partner is female (like me). I both want and need (psychologically) a male caregiver, so there is never any need to fully act out my regression around my partner. It helps a lot and because of that, I don't mind keeping certain aspects of it out of the home.

As you can see, I'm much more talkative when asked questions versus left to my own devices haha! I'm into art of all types and mediums, and I've even gone to college for it (as well as things like physics, biochemistry, psychology, etc.). Drawing, painting, comic book inking, sculpting, digital art and design, even some html and css classes. I love it all- from painting to coloring books and crayons! My favorite books would talk all of forever to list, because I read just about anything I can get my hands on (though my favorite genre tends to be the young adult section). I'm a massive Harry Potter fan! I do love other genres of books, and authors like Douglas Adams, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, V.C. Andrews, John Saul, etc. I tend to venture toward books that involve a lot of supernatural/paranormal or otherwise fantastical themes, no matter the age range of the books themselves.

I've actually always been interesting in being a tattoo artist. The first time I mentioned it, I believe I was only 8 years old! Haha. I do have several myself, though I tend to hide them when I regress. I write mainly fanfiction for my favorite movies/shows/books, and rarely post it online- it's mainly just a hobby that I enjoy sharing with close friends. I have written a few of my own stories, though, but I find it easier to expand on what I already love. I also write poetry, and run a Harry Potter related character blog on a popular networking site. The games that I play are very eclectic, especially when it comes to video games. I play everything from L4D (Left 4 Dead), to Halo, Borderlands, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Pokemon, Skylanders, Fable, Final Fantasy, you name it. I am also into things like World of Warcraft, Everquest, EVE, and a few other MMORPGs (Massive Member Online Role Playing Games). In terms of LARP (Live Action Role Play) and table-top games, I mainly stick to the Vampire genre (Masquerade, Dark Ages) and D&D (Dungeons and Dragons), though I've also done games for Muse, Star Wars, and even Naruto. In terms of RP related card games, the same applies- Vampire, Naruto, and Pokemon.

In the more traditional card game sense, I love things like Samba, Spades, Gin, Poker, all of those sorts of things, as well as Go Fish, War, Solitaire, etc. Board games are way too many to list, though my favorites are Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Candyland, Shoots & Ladders, Mouse Trap, Don't Wake Daddy, etc. I tend to prefer the younger games to the adult centered ones because, well, they're just way more fun!

What's the main part you like about your little self?

Besides, what's your favorite music genre and/or bands? I'm kinda curious about your cooking, you mentioned. What's your favourite orientation (italian, chinese, japanese, traditional, etc) and are there some things you rather order instead of cooking it for yourself?
    I think my favorite part is just getting to be who I never was as a child. For me, it's a way to express and deal with things that I didn't get to normally, as well as a comfort and, well, fun! My music tastes are all over the place, as are most of my other interests. I like rock, pop, rap, classical, opera, country, jazz, oldies, anything really! As far as cooking goes, I cook just about anything. I've never been trained for it, it's just a passion of mine that I have. I cook every day, and I love to do it. I think the only things I order are things I don't know how to make or can't get the ingredients for at home! ^_^

Thank you both for being so welcoming! I'm going to try to be more active in the community here, and hopefully make lots of new friends along the way.

Oh my good golly gosh that was an awesome response. A wonderful read all around! We have a bunch in common, and rather then go at length and rant them all I'll try to just kinda list them and finish with a smaller rant. Though first, thanks for explaining what a GG was. I'm a TG-LG but we totally need more GG-LG's around here. They are amazingly awesome and I love making friends with them too. Anyway, time for the list of similarities.

I pretty much bounce all about the 0-10 range too.
    I also do it sometimes just for fun, but sometimes for emotional reasons.
    I also am partnered with someone who respects and is okay with, but doesn't as much participate. (Though I think she participates a little more in my case, but the situations are still somewhat similar.)
    I have also tried to find a male caretaker outside of my partner, someone my partner trusts. Unfortunately my attempts so far have been unsuccessful though.
    I also have very varied tastes in video games and will try anything, though in my case I also do have very strong preferences that are sort of my go-to games though.

Other things exist, but I felt like that's the basic rundown with me. I really think it's awesome that you shared this stuff with us, awesome that you are so artistic. I think that you um.. you said RP-related card games and mentioned a few. I collect and play the Pokemon TCG, and was wondering if that's what you were talking about. If not, I'm extremely interested in what you were though! Your interests are just so cool and well.. interesting, you seem like an awesome person to know and call a friend.

Thanks so much for responding to my welcome, sorry for taking a bit to give you another response. Hope you have oodles of fun now! I always am so happy when I get a response back, because that's usually a good sign they are serious about being a member.. and I'm glad you are!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Oh my good golly gosh that was an awesome response. A wonderful read all around! We have a bunch in common, and rather then go at length and rant them all I'll try to just kinda list them and finish with a smaller rant. Though first, thanks for explaining what a GG was. I'm a TG-LG but we totally need more GG-LG's around here. They are amazingly awesome and I love making friends with them too. Anyway, time for the list of similarities.

I pretty much bounce all about the 0-10 range too.
    I also do it sometimes just for fun, but sometimes for emotional reasons.
    I also am partnered with someone who respects and is okay with, but doesn't as much participate. (Though I think she participates a little more in my case, but the situations are still somewhat similar.)
    I have also tried to find a male caretaker outside of my partner, someone my partner trusts. Unfortunately my attempts so far have been unsuccessful though.
    I also have very varied tastes in video games and will try anything, though in my case I also do have very strong preferences that are sort of my go-to games though.

Other things exist, but I felt like that's the basic rundown with me. I really think it's awesome that you shared this stuff with us, awesome that you are so artistic. I think that you um.. you said RP-related card games and mentioned a few. I collect and play the Pokemon TCG, and was wondering if that's what you were talking about. If not, I'm extremely interested in what you were though! Your interests are just so cool and well.. interesting, you seem like an awesome person to know and call a friend.

Thanks so much for responding to my welcome, sorry for taking a bit to give you another response. Hope you have oodles of fun now! I always am so happy when I get a response back, because that's usually a good sign they are serious about being a member.. and I'm glad you are!
    We do seem to have a lot in common, and that's very awesome! I agree that I would like to see more GG-LG's out there, though it doesn't bother me one bit either way! My male caregiver (Daddy) is actually a TG, and he is just the best hehe! When we first met, neither of us even knew about the other's interest in AB/DL at all- but we became very close very quickly. It sort of came up in conversation when talking about other things, and just went from there. And yes, I mean the Pokemon TCG hehe. Thank you for such polite responses- you seem like a sweetie! I really do hope to establish myself in the community here, and am finding it much easier to post and talk than I had originally anticipated.

Hey again,

GG is something i never heard myself too, but well, if you like to use that, why not. I too rather describe myself as an "Adult Child" instead of a "Little Girl".
    It's good to hear, that your partner is accepting this side from you, although also a little bit sad on the other hand, that she's not into diapers and RP, but i guess not everyone is.
    Did she try it once, if i may ask? But anyway, it's still great, that it worked out that way for you two and that you still got a good friend, which likes to be a caretaker ^_^

That's a lot of interests and seems kinda familiar too me; i'm mostly into all this stuff myself, sometimes just a little bit too much psychology.
    Anyway, art is great, no matter the source, as i tend to say.
    Do you like everything from these authors or just certain things? As example there are a lot of short storys from stephen king, which i really love. Not everyone does sadly, even if they love his super duper famous books.

But i have to say, from studying and loving all kinds of things from art till psychology, becoming a tattoo artist is something special *giggle*. It's not bad of course, just unique. I guess your tattoos will be kinda famous after some time :3
    Which are your favourite images in that case and did you got some tattoos yourself.... i guess you've got of course , so which ones and where?

The Pokémon TCG is really great! I kinda think most people loved these at some point in there life ^_^. However, i kinda stopped collecting them some years ago, i've got anyway way too much. How big is your collection?

I know that feeling, if you didn't got certain ingredients and if they're really hard to get. And well, you're training by yourself, thats great!

In the end, don't be to shy to talk about anything that's going through your mind. As you can see, you've made a great introduction