Thread: My New Chair Restraint :)

Default My New Chair Restraint :)

I love this thing so far and I cannot believe I haven't thought of doing something similar sooner! The person I brought this from does an awesome job over at ETSY.com

Custom Adult Baby Safety Restraint Seat by valentinesstuff on Etsy

If you can't afford a high chair or just can't have one all together, then this is the way to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet 2 (Small).jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	16438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet 3 (Small).jpg 
Views:	1373 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	16439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet 4 (Small).jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	16440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet 5 (Small).jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	16441  

That is pretty cool. Have you used it yet? How do you like it?

I have a few makeshift ones with weird straps and stuff but this looks simple, elegant and super comfy, not to mention WAY easier to use! Thanks for the post!

I have used it actually and so far, I still think it’s a wonderful idea AND I’m still kicking myself for not thinking of something similar sooner lol. The chair restraint is pretty versatile actually, because the arms extend to hold even “bigger” babies. I thought that might be a problem at first, but between the diapers, a cushion for the chair and the flap that goes over the front; I was actually able to stand up with the chair hanging on to my hip and it never budged once. I leaned over forward a few times too and you can hear the Velcro trying to give way but it always stays right in place. I think what I may do sometime down the line, is install some kind of makeshift lock off the side of the arms to make sure I can’t get out without being let out first.

It's not really a "restraint" in a way of keeping you "locked" to the chair. It's more of a "security blanket" in a sense, securing you in place to make sure you don't fall forward out of the chair. It's the mimic a high chair, which the overall point is to make sure the baby (AB in our case) doesn't fall out the chair because we're too young to keep our balance. Besides, you're not completely helpless even if you did lock it so you couldn't get out. I had to stand up in a bent over stance to put the camera on the 10 second timer just to take the pictures lol.