Thread: Awkwardness

Default Awkwardness

I just wanted to know if anyone else is this way and what I can do to get over this. Anytime I read about IC or chat to someone who is IC, I like feel guilty for wearing. There have been times were I may feel like wearing and then I read a post about someone who is IC and instantly just do not want to wear anymore. Its like I feel its wrong to wear when others do not have the choice or something, even though I enjoy it. I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything if someone takes it that way. It might just be from all the stuff I have read that makes me feel this way.
    Last edited by kratox; 18-Mar-2013 at 07:43.

It's good that you should think that way kratox, it shows you're a caring person but please don't let it put you off wearing. I'm bladder IC so wear for protection but I also find the whole wearing experience hugely enjoyable. I don't feel guilty for enjoying diapers so neither should you. Don't beat yourself up over it, just do what comforts you. You aren't being disrespectful to the IC by wearing, it's those that snigger or make jokes about IC that are being disrespectful. Having said that, I find some of the jokes quite funny!

I totally understand how you feel. There is something sad in enjoying something that causes another person pain. Still, you aren't doing anything wrong at all. Somethings being fun for some but being sad or boring for others is a part of what makes us all special and beautiful in my opinion.

You are very sweet to be concerned for their feelings though. I'm sure that means a lot as well.

As already mentioned above, it really shows, that you care. But don't worry about it too much. For you it's fun, so why shouldn't you enjoy it? You don't hurt anyone at all.
    People feel embarrassed if they need to wear diapers, of course. This fact hurts. But you don't hurt them, when you like to wear them.

For me... well i'm kinda happy, that they are some people who like to wear diapers for whatever reason at all. Besides the fact that i'm too an adult child/little girl.
    Otherwise, if there would be noone except people with IC, especially much more old, which would need to wear diapers, i would feel way more awkward. I'd do everything just to get rid of them.
    So, i'm really glad in the end. Most of all that my bf likes to play daddy/caretaker and loves me, despite the fact that i always need to wear some protection.
    Surely i still feel awkward sometimes, but that's not related to you or anyone else =), so don't worry and do not feel guilty.

Thank you I feel a little better about this. It helped to know that others feel the same way I do and what people who are IC felt about it.

I'm IC and I think if I was in any way offended or upset by people who wear for fun, I wouldn't still be here I expect there are some IC people who are upset by the idea but I don't think anyone on ADICS would be.

I am IC all the way, have been most of my life. Fortunately I LOVE wearing diapers so I'm glad to have an excuse. You don't need to feel guilty about it. Just enjoy it.

[QUOTE=kratox;1030886]I just wanted to know if anyone else is this way and what I can do to get over this. Anytime I read about IC or chat to someone who is IC, I like feel guilty for wearing. There have been times were I may feel like wearing and then I read a post about someone who is IC and instantly just do not want to wear anymore. Its like I feel its wrong to wear when others do not have the choice or something, even though I enjoy it. I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything if someone takes it that way. It might just be from all the stuff I have read that makes me feel this way.

I wear for bed wetting i know that dont count for IC but the adive i can give you is what the others have already posted on here if it is no harm to you or others then by all means accept as part of you and have fun