Thread: College Noob

Default College Noob

So I'm going to be going off to college soon and am trying to decide what to do about diapers. I will most likely be living on campus at least my first year so my question for y'all is: what did you do about your diapers IF you had a roommate. If I don't (and I hope I won't) then it won't really matter. But if you did can I get some advice? And if this is the wrong place to put this thread would you move it please?

I didn't wear when I had roommates. I had no roommate sophomore year so I enjoyed myself a bit then and I have a single room this year so I just keep everything sanitary and dispose of diapers double/ziplock bagged in the trash in the middle of the night. I'm a night owl so it's not really surprising to anyone that I do these chores while they are asleep.

I just posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    I am a college student and I just ordered some diapers. I do have a roommate. I am keeping them on the top shelf of my closet, in plastic shopping bags which I then put into other containers (a traveling bag, a plastic storage box). I bought some plastic bags to dispose of them. I will probably bring them outside of my dorm building to dispose of them... since they're already bagged they can be easily transported in my backpack.

I managed to bring mine into my room in the shipping box without being seen. My plan, if I were seen, was to say that my grandmother had sent me a care package. The box was probably a little large for this excuse (about 1.5 ft on a side), but I'd bought a lot of snack/candy sort of things at Target to cover.

Since you don't have a roommate, you probably won't have much trouble with wearing. I will probably not change in my dorm because my roommate and I have very similar schedules and so can be around the room at similar times. There are a lot of single-use bathrooms on my campus, though.

I ordered Abena M2s because my situation doesn't really lend itself to wetting heavily and I'll be wearing mostly during the day. They are pretty discreet so far. They make no sound under jeans. I can wear boxers over them in case my shirt rides up.
    This has all been pretty recent so I guess I'll still be figuring things out as I go. I would say try to get a feel for your living arrangement before you buy anything. You need to know how much your roommate and any friends in your room will respect your privacy, what your roommate's schedule is, etc. For example, I know that no one is going to go pawing through bags in my closet, but I do know that occasionally my roommate goes in there to borrow something - so they need to be out of the way and not visible. One of my friends also has a tendency to enter without knocking (or knocks once and opens anyway...) so I can't count on privacy in my room unless I know that person is at class. At this point I can't really change that so I work with it.

I guess it depends where you go to college, but unless you have a medical reason, it seems pretty rare for freshmen to get singles.

It's really up to you. You're free to do what you want but there are consequences. If you do, used diapers should be changed and disposed of outside the room immediately, as it's definitely not fair for your roomie to have to deal with the smell. After that it's down to a matter of if you care that your roomie knows or not. Even if you store your diapers somewhere they shouldn't happen upon them, all it takes is one time you didn't hide them as well as you thought, or one instance where they come back from class early to find you out. The risk v. reward always seemed way too high for me to do it with roomies, it's only a few years until you can just wear whenever anyway. Also, if you're a freshman in college I assume you're living on a freshman in college budget, the money spent on diapers could probably be better spent on more important things for the time being anyway :P

I wore while I had a roommate, but it was something I had to be really careful about which is about the same for anything private while living with a roommate. I ordered a pack on Amazon and hid it in a box under my desk that I kept when I moved in. The first couple weeks of the semester I very carefully avoided doing anything so that I could learn and make absolutely sure of his schedule then after that I would wear for a while when he was in class and a couple times at night. There was always at least one person awake on my floor so I would wrap up anything I'd used in a couple plastic bags then take it out with the rest of my trash right after I was done.

What you do is up to you, but it's kind of stressful to be hiding that and going through any great lengths to hide it so you end up getting less enjoyment out of it. In all honesty my roommate would never have confronted me about it if he did find out because he was terrified of me, but I wasn't about to go flaunting anything. In short, if you're going to do it, learn your roommate's schedule and work around that but be aware that classes do get out early and that people do sometimes just walk out of class early. It's risky but not undoable. That said, there might also be a secret group of *B/DLs on your campus who can give you advice or maybe even a place/time to wear. I was debating something online a couple months ago and accidentally found out there's a surprisingly large group at my school so you never know. Regardless of what you decide, respect your roommate and anyone else who lives on your floor so clean up after yourself well. If people start noticing things, people get curious first of all, but second of all they have to live there too and they shouldn't need to put up with it.

I am really lucky to have a tolerant roommate. She is as of yet unaware of my part-time infant status, but I am considering letting her know, because she already treats me like a child (at nearly a foot taller than me I imagine that's hard to resist) and has even gone so far as to spank me a couple of times (not otk or anything, just while I was standing, just like a child). This has tempted me beyond belief to tell her about my diapers too, but I haven't because I do feel like that would be pushing the limits. I'm not scared of her finding out though, and I wantonly keep them visible enough in my room that if she got snoopy she would probably find them. Still, because of her occasional spankings and affectionate bum-pats, it's too risky to wear them in front of her. Would rather she accidentally stumble upon them so if I chicken out I can pretend it's incontinence. I think my roommate is probably extremely rare though, and sort of the dream roommate for a closet AB, but you may get lucky and have an equally or even more wonderful roommate experience!

Hi there! I wish you really well in your move to college. My first piece of advice is not to allow diapers to get in the way of enjoying and discovering all the great stuff in college - new friends, new activities, rigorous and hopefully fulfilling studies, etc. Don't let diapers make you a hermit, and if you think they will it's better to give them a break.

I had roommates all throughout my 4 years of undergrad, and they were all very cool about it. Of course, after my freshman year, I was able to choose my roommates. I simply told them I needed to wear diapers. It was a true statement, and I never elaborated beyond that. I'm pretty sure they all thought it was purely physical need, which is one component, and need for you is still need, even if you're not physically incontinent.

With that said, I was very careful to honor and respect my roommates in many ways. I'm sure they knew I was diapered most of the time, but I made sure never to change diapers in the dorm room with them present. I always carried a couple clean ones in my backpack, and I looked for some less-used public restrooms on campus and changed often in those restrooms. I also got to figure out the rhythm of my floormates' schedules and when the restrooms on the dorm floor would be busy and when they would be empty for changing. Also, I got to know my roommates' schedules and when I would have the dorm room free for changing.

In the dorm room, I also discreetly stored my diapers - in my suitcase, above ceiling tiles, etc. It's all about respect and care, and if you treat it like it's no big deal, then your roommate likely won't care or mind. People in college are far too busy dealing with their own stuff to worry about what underwear you have on.

The most important thing is to not let diapers rule your life. Don't let them make you miss out on the joys of college life and the fun of having a roommate. Wear them as you need to but go on, go out, and have fun! It's not an either-or situation but a both-and, with a little planning, forethought, and respect you CAN make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by BachBrahms View Post
    Hi there! I wish you really well in your move to college. My first piece of advice is not to allow diapers to get in the way of enjoying and discovering all the great stuff in college - new friends, new activities, rigorous and hopefully fulfilling studies, etc. Don't let diapers make you a hermit, and if you think they will it's better to give them a break.

The most important thing is to not let diapers rule your life. Don't let them make you miss out on the joys of college life and the fun of having a roommate. Wear them as you need to but go on, go out, and have fun! It's not an either-or situation but a both-and, with a little planning, forethought, and respect you CAN make it work.
    This is the most important part. Diapers are an important part of life for all of us (here) but it makes for a pretty skimpy life if that's all you have. Moving out of the house allows one more opportunity to wear but it allows a lot of other opportunities too, and most of them are more important. Some of them may come from having a roomate. (Even one you don't get along with, believe it or not.)

If the circumstances work out, enjoy. If they don't, get what you can within the confines of those circumstances. But don't let your need to wear keep you from your need to do the other things as well.

My freshman year, I hid them in a locked trunk, memorized my roommate's schedule, and took advantage very infrequently. after that, I always had a single.