Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Just wanted to make a quick intro, I am here because i am incontinent and have been since a shop accident in highschool. Im big into classic cars and 18 wheelers as thats how i support my family is by being a diesel mechanic. dont really have much else to say just wanted to be part of a supporting community!

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

It's cool that you are a diesel mechanic. I don't make my living wrenchin', but I've worked on some 7.3l PowerStrokes in the past (that darned cam position sensor!). I love the sound of those high-pressure injectors!

Anyway, stay dry and happy!

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    Just wanted to make a quick intro, I am here because i am incontinent and have been since a shop accident in highschool. Im big into classic cars and 18 wheelers as thats how i support my family is by being a diesel mechanic. dont really have much else to say just wanted to be part of a supporting community!
    last job i had was a diesel mechanic. i graduated From Nashville Auto Diesel College in 2011. did you go to a school similar? what other things you intrested in? and what i really want to know........what manufactures do you work on personally the only engine ive done an in chassis rebuild on was a Detroit Series 60. but ive dug into Cummins N14's and at college we got familiarized with a few CAT motors As wel as the Cummins ISX's. but at my last job we did freightliner bobtails freight liner semis and western stars. we had a old classic White but that only got used to haul portable office buildings.

I don't work on diesels, though I am slightly more than a casual fan of them - without them we'd probably still be using barges and canoes to get our stuff to Walmart . It's great to be able to support a family doing something you enjoy, and to have a skill that largely goes unappreciated until something breaks has a way of making people see you as a hero. That and the feeling when you gain people's trust is part of what I enjoy about working on the machines that I build and restore. I have a feeling we're almost all gearheads here as well - some us of just do it with motherboards and RAID drives, is all

What are your particular classic cars of interest? Trailer queen or doorslammer?

Welcome to the group. My dad was a diesle mechanic. I litterally teethed on modle b Macks. What is your favorite make of tracktor?