Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diapers On The Road

Default Diapers On The Road

In two weeks my friends and I will be taking an 8 hour drive to the lake of the ozarks. I know that I will be diapered for this trip and will have to change, so I was wondering about experiences people have had while diapered on the road. Was it pretty easy to change at the rest stops? Also was it a good experience for you?

If your friends know about you wearing, then it'll be easy. If they don't, however, it can be pretty difficult (not impossible, though) to change covertly.
    Also, whatever diapers you wear should be thick, otherwise you're going to end up stopping pretty often.
    Last edited by ZakRoo; 15-Mar-2013 at 08:03. Reason: revised

Zpeed

Don't think we really wear to save time..
    and a thick diaper is not comfy, imo

depends on the type of diaper as well as age of the diapered person as to how easy it is to change. kid in pull up semi-difficult as you have to deal with striping them, however diapers easier for kids as there are changing tables in all major rest stop bathrooms. as for adults i would think traditional diapers would be more hassle than practical unless you have large SUV with big back seat or open space in back. the best ive always had were pull up style esp. if your changing yourself.

as a kid when we would travel id always wear my goodnites and old habits die hard so when traveling i always feel more comfortable in a diaper

- - - Updated - - -

besides with pull up style its easier to use the toilet if you have to because trust me nothing will piss your friends off more then you messing yourself in the car.

To around 10 years old. this is kind of embersing i had my parents change me and i rembere one time we going down to cornwall this is a briff memery of my mum changing me idk why but i was allway fussed my dad doing it. i wore pull ups sometimes when i was younger but none ever seemed to fit around my legs drynites did but not til a later age as i rembere so finish this awlkward post it is fine. beleve or not i even seen someone doing it to a partner a few years back people will respect that persons privecy and all they will think is he or she is inotent or just needs the little extra help.

The back of the car is probably the most comfortable place to change if that's an option. Just make sure no one's going to be walking by your car while your shorts are down, or that could get real awkward pretty quick :P Otherwise, you can change standing up in a stall. I've done this before and while it's perhaps not the most comfortable experience, it's probably the most serviceable. Some tips for discretion: bring a bag to carry your supplies and your dirty diaper out. If there's a hook on the back of the stall door, you can hang the bag up there, that way you never have to let anything drop to the floor where it might be seen. Put the new diaper unfolded against the wall of the stall and press your backside up against it to hold it in place. Once you get the top two tapes on, it'll stay in place well enough for you to fix it just right.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxSplash View Post
    To around 10 years old. this is kind of embersing i had my parents change me and i rembere one time we going down to cornwall this is a briff memery of my mum changing me idk why but i was allway fussed my dad doing it. i wore pull ups sometimes when i was younger but none ever seemed to fit around my legs drynites did but not til a later age as i rembere so finish this awlkward post it is fine. beleve or not i even seen someone doing it to a partner a few years back people will respect that persons privecy and all they will think is he or she is inotent or just needs the little extra help.
    ur lucky my mom insisted that if i was going to refuse to use the toilet i would have to change my self and did till i was 11 then i had no choice but to swallow my pride and start useing a toilet.

Changing in public restrooms are probably some of the worst situations (mentally) to be in! It is IMPOSSIBLE to hid the crinkle of a diaper in a public restroom. Even the sound of cloth backed will be magnified 100 times! Everyone in the restroom (and possibly across town) will know a diaper is being changed, no matter how quiet you try to be. You can try flushing the toilet to mask the noise, but this is usually futile.

One option is to use the family/handicap restroom that is now at many restroom areas. These are usually private restrooms, although people waiting outside for there turn will most likely be able to hear the magnified diaper changing sounds, and you will have to pass these people on the way out!

The best advice I can give would be to pick the restroom stop with the fewest people, and make it as fast as possible! Walk out of the stall with the thought in your head that no one noticed, look straight ahead, and make a v-line for the door, with as much dignity as possible!

(to the judgmental characters, please note, on trips I wear out of need, not pleasure!)

Default Re: Diapers On The Road

Now before I start laying my secrets out in the open, let me start by saying that everything that I write is a true experience that I went through personally.

With that being said I
    'm not a real out going person but I did work up the courage to head on a 3 day trip to California, being heavily diapered and using an indwelling Foley catheter, for a job that I once had.

Now before I get to far ahead if myself, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a 29 year old, straight man who is not incontinent but wears diapers by choice. The job I had was a professional driver for an over-the-road, or long haul, trucking company who's name I shall leave out for privacy reasons. I also had done my homework when it came to catheters so I knew the risks of wearing one. So back to my experience.

For the 3 days it took to get to California I was, for all intents and purposes, wearing 24/7. The diaper combo that I was using consisted of a molicare super plus with 3 abena abri-let maxi booster pads on the inside. A white cotton onsie and a pair of plastic pants rounded out the outfit. I'll never forget that trip for as long as I live. The diaper I was wearing never leaked, the catheter did It's job of slowly draining out the fluids produced from drinking water and other beverages. Since I was using a catheter, the risk of leaking due to flooding ones diaper wasn't there. That gave the sap time to do its job. If I had the chance to do it over again, I would not change the way I was diapered or the use of the catheter. Not having to stop as often was a huge plus. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

If you would like to know more you may send me a private message. Take what I've said as suggestions and make your own decisions.

That's my two cents worth.

Default Re: Diapers On The Road

As many times as I've given this advice I wish I could just copy and paste it.

I'd you adopt the attitude that wearing and having to change your diaper in the bathroom where you stop is perfectly normal, like it is something that you have had to do your whole life or a long time, and act like it is no big deal; then others probably won't make it as big deal.

I suggest using some sort of backpack with a strap to hang on the hook on the door. You may want to carry an over the door hook in case the is not a hook.

Simply walk in hang your bag up, get your wipes out and get to changing.
    Roll your diaper up with your wipes inside, put on rah cream if needed.
    Now spread out your new diaper and back your butt into the wall.

I recommend when changing standing up that you do the bottom tapes first, this way your top of your diaper is open to put powder down in it.

When you're done just pack all your supplies up and walk out of the stall with your used diaper in hand and trash it. If you act like you own the place nobody will give you trouble.