Thread: Leakproof Diaper ??

Default Leakproof Diaper ??

Is there such a thing as a leakproof diaper ??
    Recently tried plastic coated diaper ( All Through the Night ) better but I still get fluids in between my diaper and my diaper cover.
    I am now stuffing the diaper with soaker materials.
    My goal is to be able to wear the diapers to work and when I soak the diaper simply to remove the diaper and replace it ..... without having to change the diaper cover.

Any suggestions ??

Quote Originally Posted by ddmont View Post
    Is there such a thing as a leakproof diaper ??
    Recently tried plastic coated diaper ( All Through the Night ) better but I still get fluids in between my diaper and my diaper cover.
    I am now stuffing the diaper with soaker materials.
    My goal is to be able to wear the diapers to work and when I soak the diaper simply to remove the diaper and replace it ..... without having to change the diaper cover.

Any suggestions ??
    There isn't a thing as a Leak Proof Diaper because leaking often occurs when the diaper or really anything hits its capacity limit and keeps taking on more strain by added items. You will find diapers with higher absorbency hence a smaller chance to leak at what a human can output in liquid waste but they will have a leaking point none the less.

If you have trouble finding a diaper that can hold for you might want to invest in Plastic Pants, Boosters, Double Diaper or Stuffers. Now if you're going after a diaper that will allow you to go out and be discreet you will be limited in the amount of times you can actually use it because anything that is really absorbent will be thicker at a point. As for Disposable Diapers that I've heard to hold a lot are 24/7s and Molicares so you might want to check on those if you have not already. I can't really help you with cloth diapers and such.

The dampness between a plastic coated diaper and a waterproof cover is mostly just condensation and sweat rather than leaking. You probably want to look for a more breathable waterproof cover.

I've had them all leak on me. It usally amounts to wearing them to long when there full. Or it could be from pointing in the wrong direction.
    I've also had my cloth leak when not useing a stuffer, but then again it's from wearing to long. When I wear cloth overnight I always use a
    stuffer and no leaks.

You didn't mention whether or not you were flooding when you wet. If you are, that may be a cause for leaks, as the SAP can only work so fast.

When you leak, are you standing or sitting? Sitting down puts pressure on the back part of the padding, which can decrease absorption, as well as loosen the leak guards on the inner legs making leaks more likely.

As far as I am aware there is no such thing as a Leakproof Diaper/Nappy.

Even the Mollicare Care supers I am provided with are good, but even I have the odd dribble seap out mainly at night, I had a mega Poo today and only just managed to keep that lot in, more by luck then judgement.

If anyone invents one let me know - the one thing I have noted that it seems to be impossible to get hold of an Adult Sized Baby Potty that looks like a Baby one. I had one years ago but it got nicked, and I can tell you it came in handy sometimes.

i wear dry 24/7 and bambino diapers and they have leaked on me and abena x plus has leaked on my so it depends on how much you drink threw out the day and those are high end quality diapers i just named so yeah

I do know one way to make a leak-proof diaper, but it involves a welding torch and third degree burns so I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably aren't interested.

One of the greatest problems with leaks is that we're all shaped differently. Different diapers will work better or worse at preventing leaks on different people. For example, I tend to have more leaks with a four-tape diaper because I need the extra set to keep the diaper from sagging around my narrow waist. I also have skinny legs so I need a diaper that gets very tight around the leg holes. Trying a variety of different diapers is a good way to find the ones that fit you the best.

However, there are some general features that allow a diaper to resist leaks well, if not perfectly, namely: good absorbancy, good wicking ability, lots of SAP, resistance to press out, elasticized leg gathers, and leak guards.

Any diaper will leak if you fill it beyond its capacity or flood it too quickly, especially when sitting down.