Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper fit problems...question

Default Diaper fit problems...question

how can I go about fixing fit problems like the ones in the red circled area? Seems like no matter how snug I get the diaper, there is always that area hanging out.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2w1sjmb.jpg

Are the bottom tapes pointing upward? If not, they probably should be. Also, it's not possible to fit diaper so that is snug in all positions. Did you put it on standing or lying down?

You are going to have some parts of the diaper not really tensioned up enough, it's inevitable. My best suggestion to you would be to tape it up as tight as you can and then pull the extra's on the side down. so long as it's tight enough around the waist and the leg gathers and it's tight enough that the leg gathers are snugly positioned you should be fine. If it's still too baggy, you may perhaps try a smaller size.

Butterfly Mage

You might also try a different brand. Adult diapers come in a lot of different shapes. It took some experimentation to figure that Molicare had the best fit for my body (whereas Abenas don't it me very well at all).

Learn how to put on a disposable diaper correctly:
    Diaper Fans ???: Put on a disposable diaper correctly

Besides that, choose the rightl size and try different brands may help !

Yup, it's all about getting those tapes angled in the right way. Who'da thought diapers would be tricky???

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    You might also try a different brand. Adult diapers come in a lot of different shapes. It took some experimentation to figure that Molicare had the best fit for my body (whereas Abenas don't it me very well at all).
    Hmmm....coincidence - I have the same problem. Maybe I'll order some molicares . It's funny really - for me the small is too small around the legs but fits perfectly otherwise, and the medium is huge on me. I actually just trim a little off under the tapes and it works fine otherwise. If I can find molicares anywhere - I'll try them. I tried 1 once....but it came with another sample from some AB store, and I ended up getting the other ones because they were more expensive and I don't need that much absorbancy. Lately I've been wearing the attends cloth backed ones, because a shop that only ships to my province sells them for a good price with free shipping.

And ya, just to note - the amount of snugness can be increase and decreased by the angle at which you point them upward. So like if you find it's starting to get tighter after a while of wearing the brand, you may just be overangling them at that point!

so fit is based on the angel of tapes???? please explain i really didnt know this ... i know one tapes is suppose to be higher then the other

I have always been diapered in Attends or Depends for the very reason that i spoke of in another thread: 3 tabs on each side. The bottom tabs are pulled snug, and up; the center tabs pulled straight across; the top tabs pulled slightly down.
    I would prefer a more absorbent diaper like Molicare, but Attends and Depends are the only brands that i know of that come with the 3 tabs on each side.