Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best baby bottle on a budget?

Default What is the best baby bottle on a budget?

What is the best baby bottle to buy that doesn't leak? Also am on a budget. I don't have a bottle... only a sippy cup and I want to get my bottle in a looooong time but not sure what to get. Any input?

PaddedPuppy

If you don't want it to leak, NEVER buy Avent brand. They're useless.

I like the NUK bottles. The size 2 teat is made for infants but is still fine for an adult mouth, and you don't even need to cut it to increase the flow rate as you get enough out. And at sizes up to 300ml its a good size too. Only minor issue is how loud it is when you are drinking and the air vent opens. It makes quite a lot of noise.

Also look out for Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles. Made slightly different to others but still works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    If you don't want it to leak, NEVER buy Avent brand. They're useless.

I like the NUK bottles. The size 2 teat is made for infants but is still fine for an adult mouth, and you don't even need to cut it to increase the flow rate as you get enough out. And at sizes up to 300ml its a good size too. Only minor issue is how loud it is when you are drinking and the air vent opens. It makes quite a lot of noise.

Also look out for Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles. Made slightly different to others but still works quite well.
    Thank you very much!!! I'll get a NUK brand then!!! If I am gonna get one, I may as well get a good one. Thanks a bunch!!

Default Re: What is the best baby bottle on a budget?

My wife likes her NUK too.

I am getting a bottle hugger soon so gonna get a bottle to go with it. Herr is what it looks like.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ps76849262.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well they were all out of the 10 oz NUK single bottles. All they.had were the three packs. So I ended up getting a Dr. Brown's natural flow. It says it is supposed to be close to breastfeeding and reduces gas.... Will try it tonight... And see what I think of it.

That's a cute cover. Don't need aleaky bottle with that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    That's a cute cover. Don't need aleaky bottle with that cover.
    Nope! Let's hope this one won't leak!

I had never seen one of those huggers before but sis helped me get it!

Oh my gosh!! I looove this bottle! It has silicone (of course all of them do nowadays) and I thought the nipple would be hard but it is soo soft and fits me perfectly! Also it has a vent system too to prevent air bubbles... the nipple leaks though... but other than that it's great! I'll get a NUK bottle later on too.

PaddedPuppy

Default Re: What is the best baby bottle on a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post
    Oh my gosh!! I looove this bottle! It has silicone (of course all of them do nowadays) and I thought the nipple would be hard but it is soo soft and fits me perfectly! Also it has a vent system too to prevent air bubbles... the nipple leaks though... but other than that it's great! I'll get a NUK bottle later on too.
    NUK give the choice of latex or silicone, whichever is best for you. As for the vent, all have that, just different designs.

As for the leak with these ones, have you tried disassembling the parts and pitting in hot water, then while still wet fitting back together. It seems to make it all fit in a bit better and reduce/stop leaks on the badly designed bottles

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    NUK give the choice of latex or silicone, whichever is best for you. As for the vent, all have that, just different designs.

As for the leak with these ones, have you tried disassembling the parts and pitting in hot water, then while still wet fitting back together. It seems to make it all fit in a bit better and reduce/stop leaks on the badly designed bottles
    I hadn't tried that.. I will though... thanks!!